Rd legal drag supra - Project Zoran!

Marco79

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yeah I got that... but thinking of the life of it... my experiences with longer flexiparts is they wont last long.

Lol well the car is hardly on everyday use and the flexi pipe is designed for lorrys so very robust ;) :)

Final fitted the manifold, turbo, wastegate and downpipe (ran out of wrap for the last bit :( ) also fitted the AFR and EGT sensor

Also fitted the mirror polished water pump pulley cover :D

And my polished starter motor :D

Next stop is to fit the engine :D

Well it was a bit of a wrestle but the engine is finally in :D

Now the turbo elbow is touching near the strut has anyone ideas on how much clearance is needed? The engine will rok so don't really want it too hit

Also has anyone got pictures of a front shot of theirs without rad etc so I can compare the engine angle as without a gearbox on there is quite a variable angle that the engine sits and this effects where the turbo sits ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mate, Great to have just read through this lot! Great work ;-) I would say around 10mm gap but ideally 15mm with the usage your gonna have!! Engine lies in line with the chassis rails.

SUBSCRIBED :-)

Thanks mate appreciate it :) she gonna be a Tarmac shredding show stopper by the end ;) I'm going to cut 20mm out of the elbow on the turbo and re weld it on to get the clearance I need :)

You could use PHR solid engine mounts if its easier than cutting/modding..BUT always a rubber mount on the rear of the trans ;-)

Thanks mate do you know any drawbacks using solid mounts? Does it impose stress anywhere else not being able to rock?

Liking the elbow mate on the turbo.

I'm going to need a new tubby at some point. And the elbow is the way forward. Did you weld that yourself?

It's definitely a massive improvement on a silicone elbow mate, the previous owner did this but I've a mate I can send it too for ally welding as that's a job performed by voodoo witchdoctors lol

• 3 months later...

Fitted the -12 breather system and radiator ( can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be any kind of rubber mount on the lower radiator mount feet?)

Also started plumbing in the fuel lines -12 feed to the pump with 100micron filter and shutoff valve then -10 from pump to bulkhead where it splits to twin -8 feeds to the fuel rail with a -6 return