Philly's Big Twin Build

Philly_1 Lex

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D good luck with the build dude :thumbs: hope to see it when it's finished

Cheers Mate. Thanks

Nice purchase on the Tubbys! They will look odd with a strut brace though...you should sell me that carbon one!:sly:

Always wanted Twins. lol. Never in a million years would I sell the bar. Its my prize possession. You have a really nice car as well. I enjoy watching your attention to detail on your build. Keep it up.

What he said. Glade you put some pics up. I have seen this car at bluewater its lovely the more you look at it the more rare parts you see.

Clay how are you mate? Told you I had a big announcement. lol. Can't wait to meet up with the bluewater crew again it was a blast last time. And as always thanks for the compliments on the car. And as I remeber you have a few rare bits as well. Hopefully I can finally get around to placing all the bits I have laying around on the car.

Don't go sleeping on my twins has just got a whole new meaning! ;)

When you back dude??

Hey Rob. Remeber when we were down at jon's garage and I was talking about this specific twins and you told me about stewerds car. Told I would get them. It was fate. Mate I should be back in late late April. Then it starts. Plans when I get back is to install the PHR IS300 Fan kit before the F&F 6 meet at bluewater, and a few minor bits. Don't sell your supra! And Im pissed as I wanted the carbon armrest cover you sold! lol:tongue:

Look forward to seeing another big twin build, nice one :thumbs:

Cheers Mate.

Very nice mate, loving them wheels.

I love them as well. They compliment the car/kit very well. Was considering selling them as I want CCW's... Maybe have the CCW for shows:innocent:.

Best of luck with the twin build mate, nice to see another member going down this route.

Cheers mate. Im sure we will see alot of each other in the future as I need you polishing skills and a few bits you have like the HKS purple bolts and bling items.

Your thinking about Dim Sum's one which goes mental everytime you breath! :D

Hey Philly! Hope you're well? This car is lovely in the flesh!! Can't wait to see\hear the twins setup!! :cool:

ABZ cheers mate. Long time no hear. Im doing well and the car has been put up all winter. Can't wait to bring it to bluewater. Hows things going with yours? I still didn't forget to let you know about all the parts I have in the garage.

Very Nice ! Watching with much interest !!!!!

Thanks.

Good man and no worries mate, just make good use of those Big Twins :)

They are still at Lee's whenever you are ready to get them.

Subscribed to this ;)

Cheers Greg. Thanks for this awesome oppurtunity. I can't say enough. I will be delayed about a month so I will go to Lee's at the end of april to pickup.

- - - Updated - - -

Car looks great :) I'm guessing you mean 3.4 stroker

No Titan actually has a 3.5 liter stroker. If I did the 3.4 it would be high compression 3.4

• 2 weeks later...
Yea the shell.... :D

seriously interested in seeing how this turns out! It'll be a crazy machine once its done!

Thats what Im going for. You better keep that shell.

Nice to see my old pieces getting used so well.

You'll love how those twins spool and how they sound on boost!

You had a clean build. Plus I can't wait to hear this twins scream! :eyebrows:

It's going to be a awesome build, especially if you go purple mate! Takes balls though lol.

I will mate. I will be doing what we talked about over pm. Just grabbing a few more hard to grab bits first. Purple is definitely in the plans. Finding the right balance to hang with you and steve are the hard parts! lol.

I will mate. I will be doing what we talked about over pm. Just grabbing a few more hard to grab bits first. Purple is definitely in the plans. Finding the right balance to hang with you and steve are the hard parts! lol.

Don't worry about me and steve, your bay will be fresh and it's nice to see another twin build, I think we have 5 in the club now!!

I'm trying to raise the bar on mine as I think steves bay is bloody awesome, nothing beats twins

ABZ cheers mate. Long time no hear. Im doing well and the car has been put up all winter. Can't wait to bring it to bluewater. Hows things going with yours? I still didn't forget to let you know about all the parts I have in the garage.

Yeah, it's been a while mate, good to hear you are doing well, you have some fantastic plans & I was very tempted by Johnny's setup if it wasn't for my daughter being born. That is a fantastic price for what is the ultimate setup!!

Let me know where the garage is and I'll give it a spring clean :D

Looking forward to this build and catching up with you next!

Yeah, it's been a while mate, good to hear you are doing well, you have some fantastic plans & I was very tempted by Johnny's setup if it wasn't for my daughter being born. That is a fantastic price for what is the ultimate setup!!

Let me know where the garage is and I'll give it a spring clean :D

Looking forward to this build and catching up with you next!

Can't wait to see the bluewater crew again. I have so many boxes I will have a big parts sale in may so I'll let you see what I have stored, but my twins are staying! lol

Yea I'm thinking that's a must mate! Couldn't live with myself if I let it go! We need to get the cars together soon ;)

Thats a must mate.

Johnny did you run a BOV on your setup with the Syvecs? Or does anyone running a BOV on a VVT-i with Full ECU know as the stock setup doesn't like it very much?

Can't wait to see the bluewater crew again. I have so many boxes I will have a big parts sale in may so I'll let you see what I have stored, but my twins are staying! lol

Haha, let me know dude!! I know you got some good stuff with my name on it ;)

Johnny did you run a BOV on your setup with the Syvecs? Or does anyone running a BOV on a VVT-i with Full ECU know as the stock setup doesn't like it very much?

The VVTi doesn't like it because of the MAF sensor and it messes up fuelling BUT a few people seem to run it without any issues.

Have a read here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/archive/index.php/t-281042.html

Haha, let me know dude!! I know you got some good stuff with my name on it ;)

The VVTi doesn't like it because of the MAF sensor and it messes up fuelling BUT a few people seem to run it without any issues.

Have a read here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/archive/index.php/t-281042.html

No BOV mate, don't like them! Was fine without.

Abz, doesn't matter about MAF now as I went to Syvecs and ran via MAP

• 9 months later...

So time for some updates.... Finally test fitting the Do-luck hood... I have some issues with it. Will take it to rob Mitchell and get it sorted. It needs to be shaved in a few areas as it hits the engine hook, VVT-I hump on carbon sp cover and my prize possession HKS Kansas Carbon strut brace doesn't fit. I think this is all due to the underside being repair/thicker than normal do-luck hoods.

Also picking up the do-luck tensioner set from ibrar.

Will also fit the aluminum do-luck floor braces on. I know have just about all do-luck parts for the supra except for the wing which isn't my style really.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1391359520.513978.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1391359550.184722.jpg

Also have the HKS Twin 3076 kit being fixed as well as something's on it I did not like. First the manifolds had the balance pipe removed. Marksupra is helping me with this and that should be sorted in the near future.

Next is the oil returns from the turbos. I do not like the stock oil feed lines into the stock connection to the oil pan. Not efficient for me as I want AN lines fitted and the stock part welded up to accept the AN lines. Will take a picture to show. Need to find someone to help me with that.

I pulled all heat shielding and wrap off to check fittings and such. One was smashed so I will have to replace but all others were still perfect.

Compressor housings will go to DAW for polishing and Hks down pipe will be modified for 4 inch exhaust.