The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Philly's Big Twin Build

Philly_1 Lex

Next is the Trust/Greddy 6 row... That's right 6 row intercooler that I have to get end tanks welded up for. To keep the twins cool. Anyone know of a shop close to the Cambridge area.... Send me a pm or just post info.

Also going to do something cool with the inter cooling piping stay tuned.

Also will be using the Twinsturbo water neck adapter so that I can get larger isn't cooler pipes and get rid of the clearance issues with the stock alternator/heat issues on the bottom hoses from the block to the radiator.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the engine yet. Been in talks with LeeP. He is such a helpful guy and I can't say that enough. Real credit to the community he is. Not sure whether to do a stroker or just high compression 3.0. Looking for 800rwhp. Opinions anyone?

3ltr or 3.1 with 87mm pistons might be more reliable mate, personally I'd say go 3.5 ltr ;)

3ltr or 3.1 with 87mm pistons might be more reliable mate, personally I'd say go 3.5 ltr ;)

Hahah. That was helpful! Are the stroked blocks less reliable? I intend on driving my car a lot. So I am truly wondering. 87mm pistons and 9.5 compression with VVTi and Tomei 9.5 high lift cams are what I'm leaning towards as I love to rev... What to make sure I give the twins room to stretch.

Hahah. That was helpful! Are the stroked blocks less reliable? I intend on driving my car a lot. So I am truly wondering. 87mm pistons and 9.5 compression with VVTi and Tomei 9.5 high lift cams are what I'm leaning towards as I love to rev... What to make sure I give the twins room to stretch.

Never mate so don't worry.... Lol

Haha you and your love of rare parts dude :p

I know Lee told me that Ken Henderson has run his HKS 3.4 for years at 1100bhp, although I believe alot of the time thats at 600-700whp instead and HKS say to cap the rev limit at 7700rpm, so maybe if you want to rev lots then a 3.1 with 87mm pistons 9.5 comp and the tomei cams would be the best route to go.

• 4 months later...

Next, get the piping kit addressed as the corrosion from the titanium wrap and moisture really damaged the piping kits for the twin turbos. So off to get acid dipped/cleaned also ceramic coating. Back to the US of A. So off went twin turbo manifolds ( thanks to markssupra for helping getting the balance pipe reinstalled) downpipes, wastegates, and turbo hot sides

Before being sent out

After a few weeks

Edited by Philly_1 Lex (see edit history)

While the cars away Philly will play.

Next decided to address the lines and kit itself.

1. Ordered new wastegate diaphragms, and parts to rebuild wastegates (on back order until the end of June) I still ordered

2. Replace the black steel hot side turbo covers with genuine HKS shiny covers. Ordered with wastegate parts

3. Replaced stock twin turbo oil drain hardlines as well stock drain setup that came with the kit with 45 degree elbow and braided -10an drain with proper T fittings on oil pain which gives a proper fit and piece of mind that it setup proper

4. Replace all oil/water old braided lines with new lines and fittings on the turbos

5. Replace all manifold studs, bolts, gaskets and etc.

Still debating whether to do the titanium wrap again. Feel as though I must as there is so much plumbing with twins you really have to watch the heat. Opinions?

Teaser pics of twins all mocked up on my spare 2JZ

Still awaiting a few bits. Will take the mock motor to the fabrication shop and get a few lines adjusted and get the water neck redone and I still need to get a new water pump and get the housing tapped for twin drains. Very close to completion though.

Oh and there is a huge surprise coming within the next few days! Stay tuned!

Should have done the 4" mod to the down pipe y pipe, will be a massive restriction with the power these can do

Already done. Have the modded downpipe from the USA. Attaches to the twin downpipes and immediately transitions to 4 inch stainless with v-band on the back end. Also have a 100% 4 inch HKS Ti sitting right beside it. Will take pics and post when I get home from work. Trust me bud I was listening to you.

Already done. Have the modded downpipe from the USA. Attaches to the twin downpipes and immediately transitions to 4 inch stainless with v-band on the back end. Also have a 100% 4 inch HKS Ti sitting right beside it. Will take pics and post when I get home from work. Trust me bud I was listening to you.

Good man :thumbs:

Mmmmm, shiny. :drool:

Thanks mate. I like that it's shiny :). Be a shame to cover with the Ti wrap

Looks very good matey. :thumbs:

Thanks

Wow some nice updates on this! Has certainly taken a while to get here though ;) looks amazing though. This is going to be immense. Was quick enough before! Hope all is good with you and you get this on the road sooner rather than later :D

Hahaha. Hey bud. I'm always gone that's why it takes forever! Plus I have a bunch of updates just never had time to update the thread. Got a big update hopefully I can update this weekend...

Thats is going to be sweet mate, can't wait to see it built :D Best of luck with the rest of the build, shall have to bring it along to a few BW meets.

Definitely mate. A lot harder than I initially thought with twins and double the cost! But the piece of mind to do it right and the look of twins on a 2jz supra is second to none

Look forward to seeing this again at bluewater mate.....just loose them alloys when you come down next.....three of us have them now :-(, looking good though mate B-)

Haha. I will be selling mine. Got new wheels coming shortly. I definitely can't wait to meet the "Bluewater crew" again. Great bunch of guys. Any more plans for yours this year mate?