The mkiv Supra Owners Club

STAR T67R ~ 1.8 bar ~ 755bhp ~ 596ftlbs at the hubs

Carbon_Bullet

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6766 turbo is awesome .... you will easily hit 800+ bhp on pump gas ;)

Hoping so bud. just waiting for a slot at SRD.

Another europe guy into the 6766 club! Great build ;)

Seen your build Krimi and noticed we had the same turbo, what boost are you running in 1st 2nd gear? is it lighting up the tyres?

There is no chance to get traction in the first 2 gears with the CEA6766 on street tires.

I have traction issues even in 3rd gear on Michelin semi-slick tires ... therefore, I went for CCW rims in 11.5" rear in combination with R888 in 315.

The only way to get traction in 2nd gear with such a torquey turbo is to use 15" street radials.

Seen your build Krimi and noticed we had the same turbo, what boost are you running in 1st 2nd gear? is it lighting up the tyres?

Im finishing the build, I doesn't drive the car yet :(

Cody Phillips (My tuner) Tell me that we are going to set up the boost between 23-25PSI with pump gas, expecting somewhere arround 700-750whp. Hope that my tyres hold the power in 3rd gear with pump gas.

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas
There is no chance to get traction in the first 2 gears with the CEA6766 on street tires.

I have traction issues even in 3rd gear on Michelin semi-slick tires ... therefore, I went for CCW rims in 11.5" rear in combination with R888 in 315.

The only way to get traction in 2nd gear with such a torquey turbo is to use 15" street radials.

^This... You'll get traction with MT E/T Streets in 2nd and 3rd with no wheel spin at that power.

^This... You'll get traction with MT E/T Streets in 2nd and 3rd with no wheel spin at that power.

Good site to look at some bad boy wide wheels? or has anyone got some for sale which will clear big brakes?

EDIT..... found.. http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=SportsmanPro

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while, since i posted anything, nothing much has happened really in the last few months, just a waiting game really, although i have done a little bit of shopping,

7 DEFI Gauges & Controller (white face / blue light)

AUTO SHINE Carbon front splitter

Carbon D1 SPEC handbrake

Carbon windscreen panel

New front window screen rubber sealing

Greddy Plenum

Nissan INFINITY Q45 Throttle body

Universal windscreen wash bottle (for relocation)

HKS pulleys

4x Carbon canards

debating wether or not i should buy some different wheels, I'm thinking i need 315+ rear wheels now, its just which ones? CCWs are nice but with the style of my car i don't think they would look right.

• 1 month later...
Much better with the carbon splitter mate ;)

Completely agree, the front end did look a bit naked

Looks alot better with the splitter, as for wheels I think black Rota GTR-Ds would set it off :cool:

You know what I have actually been looking at those wheels, not sure if they go wide enough on rear though

Looks sweet, Perfect for chopping off peoples ankles who get too close :)

Adding canards soon I'll be able to chop people's legs off too

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday i went on a little mission to SRD handed over the last remaining engine parts, collected a few body parts, finished off the front end today, added the Auto Shine front splitter , 4x canards, licence plate holder.

i also had a little fiddle with the new defy gauges.. white face, blue light! mint!

i don't think the pictures do it justice at all, some people like the OEM look, however for myself i like the wild kitted supra's....

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_7859.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7845.jpg

Edited by Carbon_Bullet (see edit history)

glad someone likes it too haha, i seen your engine build when i was at SRD, looking very expensive an sexy bud! Carnt wait for mine to be started !!!

Yep your not wrong there, I'll be glad to have it all finished its a year this week I started the build.

Yours will be one of a kind though just be patient :thumbs: