How much are these rims worth?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The more there worth the less dad can spend on new wheels. If they are as rare as people say then £700-800 would be nice. Then add another £200 on top and youve got yourself a nice set of Rota's

You're considering swapping a set of light weight forged wheels for a set of cast Rota wheels?

Chris they was on my VVTi when i bought it and asked the garage to swop wheels as part of the deal as i prefered my current wheels .............ive looked back on my records of the car and when the guy imported it looks like they were on the car from Japan and he had them refurbed in 2007

Cheers

-Ian-

Edited by Ian Ian (see edit history)

I dont see what the big problem is! Yeah Rota wheels break here and there but alot of people have Rota wheels without and issue. Im sure quite a big percentage of people on this forum have Rota wheels or similar. Rotas are used in the BDC and drifting scene and Paul whiffin an his team use them in Time Attack with no issue.

I dont see what the big problem is! Yeah Rota wheels break here and there but alot of people have Rota wheels without and issue. Im sure quite a big percentage of people on this forum have Rota wheels or similar. Rotas are used in the BDC and drifting scene and Paul whiffin an his team use them in Time Attack with no issue.

Rota are cheap copies of Volk wheels.

It's not just the strength, there's a significant weight saving to be had by going for forged rims like the Volks.

The more there worth the less dad can spend on new wheels. If they are as rare as people say then £700-800 would be nice. Then add another £200 on top and youve got yourself a nice set of Rota's

They're not rare, they're quite desirable because they're such a good/light wheel but that valuation is HUGELY optimistic, I'd say half your estimate and you would be about right.

They're not rare, they're quite desirable because they're such a good/light wheel but that valuation is HUGELY optimistic, I'd say half your estimate and you would be

about right.

Tell Paul Whiffin that then, He said there worth quite alot :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he'll be doing the gearbox next Chris ;)

We will have to wait and see - Seems okay at the minute. One day it will eventually let go!