The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's the best sounding air filter you have/had on your supra?

SupraLEDrears

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just make a turbo sound with your mouth. Will probably sound better and guaranteed at least 30bhp more, if you add a dump valve sound then it will give an extra 10 on top of that. Also when you go to mcdoonalds, do that, all the guys will think you have insane power and all you will probably pull at least 3 babes who will wear tiny shorts and slide about over your car looking sexy.

Also when you go to mcdoonalds, do that, all the guys will think you have insane power and all you will probably pull at least 3 babes who will wear tiny shorts and slide about over your car looking sexy.

How did you know!?! Happens to me everytime... ;) Nah I just get a bunch of clowns drooling wishing their 1.0 Corsa had this Powaa!

Wonder how many of you lot taking the mick have fitted induction kits in the past, I know I have

We are going to have to accept that the supra is becoming much cheaper and therefore attracting younger owners/members who will undoubtably ask basic "boy racer" questions because that's what they are

You should have seen the state of my Renault 5 GT Turbo, XR3i etc back in the day

See I do have a compassionate side after all

Wonder how many of you lot taking the mick have fitted induction kits in the past, I know I have

We are going to have to accept that the supra is becoming much cheaper and therefore attracting younger owners/members who will undoubtably ask basic "boy racer" questions because that's what they are

You should have seen the state of my Renault 5 GT Turbo, XR3i etc back in the day

See I do have a compassionate side after all

Blimey Dean, you do!!

But yes you do have a point, I did this as I mention on a civic as I wanted it to sound, actually the ITG one I fitted on an FTO sounded superb with the V6!

Wow guys i only asked a simple question. I have no idea about air filters so I thought I'd ask for some help. Oh we'll...

I think the hks mushroom ones sound the dogs personally :)

But as many have said you'll knock the performance a bit by fitting an induction kit. (I still really want one though :rolleyes:)

I think the HKS gives a slightly deep sound whereas the with Apexi you can hear the suction more. Stock airbox is better for performance though.

I wander if anyone's tried to fix an apexi cone-thing inside inside the stock airbox (obviously after removing the stock panel filter)

I think the HKS gives a slightly deep sound whereas the with Apexi you can hear the suction more. Stock airbox is better for performance though.

I wander if anyone's tried to fix an apexi cone-thing inside inside the stock airbox (obviously after removing the stock panel filter)

Or you could just get an aftermarket panel filter ;)

I twould be better to fit the apexi as its meant to be then get a very large cold air feed, like a tumbledryer hose size, and put this over the filter. That way its enclosed with the cold air feed being direct. Not sure if they make the pipe that large though :blink:

Wow guys i only asked a simple question. I have no idea about air filters so I thought I'd ask for some help. Oh we'll...

Mate don't feel bad almost all of us have been here, I spent an arm and a leg on an induction because it gave a really good induction noise to the exhaust and the sucking sound sounded cool. I was young and enjoyed showing off to people, have a look around and read some reviews. How much are you looking to spend ?

Or make/buy a heat shield for it, which uses the stock cold air feeds. Much tidier, and won't look like you're buying mods from B&Q ;)

Very true, thats why i said i doubt they make cold air feed pipe suitable :p

Ive given up with induction kits, although i want one i want the most power my n/a can give :innocent:

Stick with the stock airbox and maybe put a K & N panel filter in it. Get a Super Drager exhaust

if you want the best sound ;)