The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trip to SRR - Very happy!

Chris Bailey

That would be nice, but then I dread to think what kind of new problems that would create lol. Im sure i'll get there I just need to stretch the wallet a bit more and show it some tlc :)

I dont see why it should be a problem - If its been checked over by SRD or Whifbitz you'll be in good hands. And once Ryan mapped it again thats the cherry on top of the cake :thumbs:

As for the money side of things - Yeah its going to cost you but atleast then hopefully your problems will be solved and you can enjoy the car for the upcoming shows :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice figures there John :thumbs:

Thanks Mark, It is really lively lower in the rev range.

Ryan has not only put the top end to 607 HP but looking at the previous dyno at 550hp we have an increase of 80hp to 352hp at 4000 revs and a torque increase of 96lb/ft so making 464ld/ft at the same revs.

Really pleased to be at this level engine wise and can now concentrate on doing the other things I want to do.

How's your build coming along?

Thanks Mark, It is really lively lower in the rev range.

Ryan has not only put the top end to 607 HP but looking at the previous dyno at 550hp we have an increase of 80hp to 352hp at 4000 revs and a torque increase of 96lb/ft so making 464ld/ft at the same revs.

Really pleased to be at this level engine wise and can now concentrate on doing the other things I want to do.

How's your build coming along?

That's very impressive mate, great result

• 3 weeks later...
Quick update!

Dad got the 2 Syvecs nobs fitted on friday at a local shop, Got them both fitted under the radio on just a black plate. Looks great :cool:

Exactly what I want to get done. They're a pain in the arse to get at mounted in the centre console arm rest - tidy, yes; convenient, no... :rolleyes:

What settings you getting put on the cal switches John? Thought each one could take 6 or 8? Having 2 switches would confuse me! :D

There are 8 calibrations on each switch - All traction control settings are on one and the other controls 4 boost settings- 1bar/1.2bar/1.4bar and 1.6 bar / motorway setting/ anti-lag/security and valet mode which stops any garage thrill riders gaining access to anything other than engine creep mode.

So I only use 3 which are mid range traction control/1.6bar and security - even I can remember those settings

8 trac settings!? And what's motorway mode?

Traction control goes from off /20%slip / 15%slip / 12% 10% 8% 6% 5%.

The motoway setting improves fuel consumption by detuning to 1 bar and making it run slightly lean e.g. poodling along at 70mph - spirited driving needs setting 4 which you can change while on the move.

You need the JT Innovations screen! sod messing around with buttons, sounds confussing... Its easy peesy with the touch screen monitor

Agreed unless your vitually blind close up to things like me- at least with the old analog way I can count my setting and not worry about having to put glasses on to see the blxxdy screen ;)