The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance nightmare!!!

sprag5

so been doing a bit shopping around for insurance as its due next month and............................

its a nightmare!!!

mainly because of the modifications

elephant and admiral arent badly priced but never heard good things about them,

performance direct wont touch me with yours,

competition car insurance arent giving quotes out to toyota owners due to everybody smashing up there MR2's

will be speaking to sky a bit closer to the time as im currently with them on my Rover (no comments please)

im 25, 6 years no claims and ive had the supra 3 years and only done bout 2000 miles in it!!!

to sum this thread up, I HATE INSURANCE!!!:protest:

ive tried competition car insurance, but they said that theve been told not to give out quotes on Toyota's, something to do with loads of claims coming in off Mr2 owners

As far as i gathered they werent going to be insuring Mr2's anymore and they were waiting for confirmating to see if they could insure Supra's and GT 86'S

Am giving LWIB a call now

What are CCI doing with renewals then if they arent quoting on Toyotas!?!?!?!:blink:

My car is with them now and is up for renewal next month!

Can you update us on this Westy as I am thinking of going with them when my insurance runs out in April. I didn't last year because they didn't offer the ability to drive other cars on 3rd party.

Doesn't surprise me re competition car potentially pulling out of personal lines market for modified cars, especially if they have been writing any old business and no longer have the pen. The policy is only fronted by them anyway and underwritten by Aviva so I would imagine it WAS on a delegated authority scheme.

I have a broker meeting tomorrow and am personally going to see what arrangements they have in place for PL business and whether I can get a Supra Owners club scheme set up. I don't see how it's not possible, albeit there may be some young (

Doesn't surprise me re competition car potentially pulling out of personal lines market for modified cars, especially if they have been writing any old business and no longer have the pen. The policy is only fronted by them anyway and underwritten by Aviva so I would imagine it WAS on a delegated authority scheme.

I have a broker meeting tomorrow and am personally going to see what arrangements they have in place for PL business and whether I can get a Supra Owners club scheme set up. I don't see how it's not possible, albeit there may be some young (

Good man, that would awesome if you could.

I find every year I have to spend one whole day ringing around for better quotes. I have had my driving license for 12 odd years, no previous accidents, 12 years NCB & 3 points for turning the wrong turn. Although my insurance prices are good, I think they could be a lot better but generally it seems the insurance market in the whole has gone up, I don't know anyone who hasn't been affected.

Good man, that would awesome if you could.

I find every year I have to spend one whole day ringing around for better quotes. I have had my driving license for 12 odd years, no previous accidents, 12 years NCB & 3 points for turning the wrong turn. Although my insurance prices are good, I think they could be a lot better but generally it seems the insurance market in the whole has gone up, I don't know anyone who hasn't been affected.

I will definitely investigate options mate.

Everyone is affected at the moment by insurance premiums on the rise. The fact of the matter is, whilst its not great, premiums have had to rise across the board. They have been unsustainable for such a long time. With major fraud rings in operation staging accidents and increasing claims injury costs the only way is up sadly. However, the insurance market always follows a cycle and sure enough premiums will soften again in a few years. Also with the MOJ reforms coming into action limiting compensation for things like whiplash and a requirement for better evidence of multiple injuries and passengers involved etc, things will slowly improve as will our premiums.

It's a pretty shite market for everyone at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Lynbrook and get it on a classic. There is no reason they shouldn't insure you at 25. Unless the car has been extensively modified?

Just had my renewal from lynbrook, I rang them today to add my mods (Bpu) and added the wife to the policy with no extra charge. Pretty impressed with them and £3 cheaper than last year.:)