The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - Family Fleet Policy

Safely Insured

Hi,

I thought I'd post up an example of a recent Sky Insurance family fleet policy to show you what we can do:

Rough details.

Cover for husband and wife, aged mid-thirties.

Good postcode (Norfolk)

Maximum No claim bonus

All cars kept in off road parking, some garaged, some on driveway

Vehicles:

Porsche 911 Turbo (993) (£70k value)

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S (£35k value)

Honda NSX (and a very rare one at that) - (£70k Value)

Audi RS4 Avant (£30k Value)

Audi S8 4.2 (£10k Value)

Audi A8 LWD TDI (£22k Value)

VW Golf V6 4 Motion (wife - £5k Value).

Comprehensive cover with a number of benefits.

Annual premium for all cars £2158.00 (annual premium)

The customer had agreed value options on three of the cars with total cost of £2458 (annual premium).

It is a great product with extremely competitive pricing and brilliant level of cover. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements, our telephone number is below or you can PM us your contact details. As you would expect, we will need to run through your details over the phone, these are bespoke policies and require a human element.

The entrance criteria is a little complex but one requirement is for at least one vehicle to hold a value of £15k or over.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250

email [email protected]

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What jobs do they have!?:blink:

That is not something we'd be able to share without the customer's consent I'm afraid but collections like this are not unusual.

- - - Updated - - -

The above is just one example of what we can do. The family fleet policy also covers motorcycles, commercial vehicles, classic cars, American cars, motorhomes and horse boxes. UK trackdays can be included, salvage retention is available etc

It really is a fantastic product.

Im confused at how you can cover 230 odd thousand pounds worth of cars for 2.5 thosuand :blink:

The price is actually £2158, it would have been nearer the £2500 with the agreed valuation option, as mentioned.

The main risk posed to insurer here is the road road risk aspect. With this family fleet policy preferring more cars than drivers, the insurer realises that the road risk applies to one vehicle at a time rather than all vehicles at once.

The more vehicles, the more competitive this type of policy becomes.

I payed 2 grand to insure my first N-A ! That was the cheapest I could find!

With respect, what has that got to do with the price of fish?

Insurance is all about risk. Risk is more about you than the vehicle (s). Eg, if you are a young driver with your first RWD car doing 12,000 miles a year, that's a high risk. This particular example is fairly low risk (depsite the vehicle values), good ages, occupation, mileage allocation, excellent home security, good length of ownership and experience.

Well last time I rang sky insurance, I was quoted just under 5 grand for an un modified skyline gtst

29 yrs old, 4yrs no claims and no accidents with a really good postcode where car crime is pretty much unheard of, clifford concept 650 alarm and immobiliser with 2000 miles p year as it was a second car. And It was garaged ! Wasn't my first rwd car either and my job was in admin which is a low risk job.

How's that for the price of fish lol, safe to say I don't have the car anymore.

Oh wicked so that means I i come back this year to you guys I will get very cheap quote? My supra will have 1 years no claims and only do 1,000 miles a year and my micra 4 years. I would assume it would be cheap as my supra does not oppose a threat to an accident as it is hardly driven?

How's that for the price of fish lol, safe to say I don't have the car anymore.

It's gone off the topic as we are talking about different risks.

The price you mention is a price which means we have been unable to provide a quotation via our car club scheme, there could be a number of reasons for this but I'd need to look at the quotation details to offer an explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wicked so that means I i come back this year to you guys I will get very cheap quote? My supra will have 1 years no claims and only do 1,000 miles a year and my micra 4 years. I would assume it would be cheap as my supra does not oppose a threat to an accident as it is hardly driven?

Jazz, you, like any member is welcome to give us a try when you are up for renewal and we'll offer the best price and cover available to us.

Thanks

It's gone off the topic as we are talking about different risks.

The price you mention is a price which means we have been unable to provide a quotation via our car club scheme, there could be a number of reasons for this but I'd need to look at the quotation details to offer an explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Jazz, you, like any member is welcome to give us a try when you are up for renewal and we'll offer the best price and cover available to us.

Thanks

Sorry but I fail to see how I can be more of a risk than a couple that leave high value and high powered cars on their drive. A gtst in stock form is worth nowhere near what any on these are worth, I've had crazy quotes for my NA supra aswel even though I stated I was a member of this club, as have some other members. Even with the above details. I was quated over 3k on an NA ! I don't understand how your above quote can be true with all them cars etc.

Sorry but I fail to see how I can be more of a risk than a couple that leave high value and high powered cars on their drive. A gtst in stock form is worth nowhere near what any on these are worth, I've had crazy quotes for my NA supra aswel even though I stated I was a member of this club, as have some other members. Even with the above details. I was quated over 3k on an NA ! I don't understand how your above quote can be true with all them cars etc.

You are very welcome to PM me your details and I can have a look at your quotation details and shed some light why we couldn't not place you onto our car club scheme. The £5k rate may not be representative of your risk and most likely is a 'screen rate'. You say the quote was not true, whilst that isn't the right wording as such, the £5k rate is a way of saying 'we cannot help you'.

Vehicle value makes up part of the risk profile but you also have to consider the damage you can do in vehicle. Skylines are notoriously expensive to insure and without meaning to be rude, generally speak are driven backwards into lampposts, often. We look very very carefully at risks on all model Skylines.

Comparing yourself against this family fleet policy does not work as both are completely different.

Thanks

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

I've tried sky three years on the go and each time they have been to expensive by quite abit both me and my wife are 30 years of age maximum NBC have never had an insurance claim, We have two other cars not incluiding the supra we used daily yet I paid £450 a year to use my supra once in a blue moon, i have seperate policy for each car that all total up to £1200 a year, yet all three cars together are valve at 12k, goes to show how insurance company's are a big joke

You are very welcome to PM me your details and I can have a look at your quotation details and shed some light why we couldn't not place you onto our car club scheme. The £5k rate may not be representative of your risk and most likely is a 'screen rate'. You say the quote was not true, whilst that isn't the right wording as such, the £5k rate is a way of saying 'we cannot help you'.

Vehicle value makes up part of the risk profile but you also have to consider the damage you can do in vehicle. Skylines are notoriously expensive to insure and without meaning to be rude, generally speak are driven backwards into lampposts, often. We look very very carefully at risks on all model Skylines.

Comparing yourself against this family fleet policy does not work as both are completely different.

Thanks

I no longer have the skyline but will be more than willing to pm you my details on my new supra when it comes out the bodyshop, like I say its not a daily just a toy, and its not just your company I'm getting at its insurance in general, bit of a pisser when a couple with that many high powered cars on a drive can be quoted that against one car and can come back cheaper, and its not even a daily unlike theirs.