The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - Family Fleet Policy

Safely Insured

With respect Olly (if it is you) maybe not the wisest of posts...

Hi,

on the contrary in our opinion. There are a fair few members on here who will find this product to be just what they are looking for, it also shows there are more strings to our bow than modified Supra insurance.

I also don't mind a bit of discussion either :) . Often people look at the bare bones , eg "how dare they insure these expensive cars for such a cheap price when they quoted me similar on my one vehicle" without knowing the way things work or considering other factors.

Cheers

Ollie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

on the contrary in our opinion. There are a fair few members on here who will find this product to be just what they are looking for, it also shows there are more strings to our bow than modified Supra insurance.

I also don't mind a bit of discussion either :) . Often people look at the bare bones , eg "how dare they insure these expensive cars for such a cheap price when they quoted me similar on my one vehicle" without knowing the way things work or considering other factors.

Cheers

Ollie

To be fair I think we are starting to see how things work, all we can do now is keep this in mind and not insure our cars lol (joke)

Again, comparing one risk to another does not work but if it at all helps, this customer has a company car which is insured separately, the toys are all, well, toys.

Thanks

Are you sure your not insuring jeremy clarkson ? Because if they are all just toys then he would need a dam big airstrip... Erm drive to keep them all on.

Are you sure your not insuring jeremy clarkson ? Because if they are all just toys then he would need a dam big airstrip... Erm drive to keep them all on.

Seriously, your posts are pretty obnoxious and irrelevant, its tiring to read.

Sky Insurance prices may not be the right time, place etc for everyone but there's no need to bait them for reactions on a public forum.

I for one, suffer massively with insurance and have done for a number of years, however my car has been insured with Sky for the last two years because not only were they the cheapest (which they may not be for everyone), but they offer the best policy (for me).

Insurance is such a personal thing, right down to what your door number is, we cannot compare prices to someone else on the other side of the country.

I would never ask someone else what they pay for insurance, and then expect to pay the same myself, that would just show how naive you are to the whole industry.

I am not looking for a keyboard fight (you sound like the type of person), but just putting in my 2p.

Sky Insurance prices may not be the right time, place etc for everyone but there's no need to bait them for reactions on a public forum.

I for one, suffer massively with insurance and have done for a number of years, however my car has been insured with Sky for the last two years because not only were they the cheapest (which they may not be for everyone), but they offer the best policy (for me).

Insurance is such a personal thing, right down to what your door number is, we cannot compare prices to someone else on the other side of the country.

I would never ask someone else what they pay for insurance, and then expect to pay the same myself, that would just show how naive you are to the whole industry.

I am not looking for a keyboard fight (you sound like the type of person), but just putting in my 2p.

Totally agree, some folk need to give it a rest.

We do not mind so much, it helps us talk about the product and clear up some misconceptions. Let's put it down as 'educational'.

We'll always get a bit of stick, we're in a hateful industry but any baiting etc is answered happily or water off a ducks back.

It's inflammatory, confusing and unfollowed up on comments like this one below which aren't particularly helpful but we're well used to them:

Amazing. I think you've just proved without doubt the insurance is a total scam.

All I would ask is why is there a greater than £15K stipulation?

I applaud the low looking cover for that 'fleet' and it's more like what I'd hope for in their position as in general 1 or 10 cars the actual person, location and their total mileage covered a year is probably most relevant bar a bit of multiple theft risk. I like the fact that it's not 'that' much over what the most expensive/highest rating car would be to insure for normal annual mileage or certainly 2-3 of them on separate policies.

These deals can be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the average Joe (ie less than 15K car owner!!) that wants to make the, say Supra, a weekend car and get another regular commuter car, when most insurance companies won't even mirror your no claims let alone give you a quote for the two combined that's anywhere near the prior years cost for total Supra usage.

Don't read them if they upset you then fella, its my personal opinion and experience I've had with them, like I've said I'll try them again when I get the supra back but this is a public forum and I'm entitled to my own opinion.

I applaud the low looking cover for that 'fleet' and it's more like what I'd hope for in their position as in general 1 or 10 cars the actual person, location and their total mileage covered a year is probably most relevant bar a bit of multiple theft risk. I like the fact that it's not 'that' much over what the most expensive/highest rating car would be to insure for normal annual mileage or certainly 2-3 of them on separate policies.

These deals can be a bit of a kick in the teeth for the average Joe (ie less than 15K car owner!!) that wants to make the, say Supra, a weekend car and get another regular commuter car, when most insurance companies won't even mirror your no claims let alone give you a quote for the two combined that's anywhere near the prior years cost for total Supra usage.

Bravo sir, my point exactly.

Don't read them if they upset you then fella, its my personal opinion and experience I've had with them, like I've said I'll try them again when I get the supra back but this is a public forum and I'm entitled to my own opinion.

A) I am not a fella,

B) More pointless posts from you.

If its about insurance companies in general then post it on another thread, not a club sponsors thread.

As a car forum, we should count ourselves lucky that we have sponsors, we shouldn't be publicly trying to give them a bad name.

Surely if that couple have that many cars 1. They can afford to pay for insurance on each vehicle 2. Are a much bigger risk? that makes them a target for theft. I'm with sky ATM and in my own experience insurance is quite random. IMO insurance should be done on car value and be capped at 1k a year. Seems a random extortion with no cap. This isn't a rant I'm just stating my experience/opinion!

Also just to add good luck with your new product :)

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Whoops my bad ;) I've only stated the experience I've had with them which I'm entitled to do, along with other members who have commented, they can not expect to have a perfect track record and I think its perfectly fine to discuss it. So please if you have nothing better to say miss, rub them 2 brain cells of yours together and put the kettle on. ( Sorry mods meant as a joke )

Last I'm saying on the matter.

Simply put, the insurer who offers this product to us is looking for the typical fleet of vehicles which appear in the first post. This could be one 'toy' vehicle and a daily run around/commercial vehicle or several or a combination of all. These 'toy' type of vehicles are usually very well cared for and owned by low risk profile customers with good secure locations and the cars cover very limited mileage. This product is not aimed at someone with a fleet of pretty mundane and low value cars.

We certainly didn't mean too run anyone's nose in it , far from it in fact. I personally don't qualify for this policy despite currently owning 5 vehicles but I do not see it in any way frustrating that other people do qualify for it, I say, hats off to them. We have a varity of facilities for customers with more than one vehcile to insure, including mirrored NCB.

Thanks

Ollie

Surely if that couple have that many cars 1. They can afford to pay for insurance on each vehicle 2.

I'd say that is beside the point, not meant in a rude way.

Are a much bigger risk? that makes them a target for theft.

Theft is obviously part of the risk but as mentioned, most of the risk is based on road risk. As discussed, this typical customer is less of a risk, for a few reasons.

IMO insurance should be done on car value and be capped at 1k a year.

A multi million claim takes up a lot of people's premiums. A 17 year old can and will cause a lot more damage than their £1000 capped policy will cover.

Also just to add good luck with your new product :)

Thank you, appreciated.

Simply put, the insurer who offers this product to us is looking for the typical fleet of vehicles which appear in the first post. This could be one 'toy' vehicle and a daily run around/commercial vehicle or several or a combination of all. These 'toy' type of vehicles are usually very well cared for and owned by low risk profile customers with good secure locations and the cars cover very limited mileage. This product is not aimed at someone with a fleet of pretty mundane and low value cars.

We certainly didn't mean too run anyone's nose in it , far from it in fact. I personally don't qualify for this policy despite currently owning 5 vehicles but I do not see it in any way frustrating that other people do qualify for it, I say, hats off to them. We have a varity of facilities for customers with more than one vehcile to insure, including mirrored NCB.

Thanks

Ollie

I don't get particularly upset about anything I just find a lot of contradictions out there but that's part of the business and we just each have to find the best fit. Good to see you offer mirrored no claims :thumbs:

We do not mind so much, it helps us talk about the product and clear up some misconceptions. Let's put it down as 'educational'.

We'll always get a bit of stick, we're in a hateful industry but any baiting etc is answered happily or water off a ducks back.

It's inflammatory, confusing and unfollowed up on comments like this one below which aren't particularly helpful but we're well used to them:

Ok then if you insist :D

I was insured with Sky a few years a go and the renewal quote was, lets just say a bit of a jump compered from the previous year. Not a problem I thought I'll get some quotes from some other companies. Except I couldn't, because most of your competitors aren't allowed to quote against Sky. Why is this and how is this helping me to get best value for money?

BTW I'm not having a dig at you personally, your a nice guy........when you're drunk :friday: It's just the case my experience was with Sky.

I was insured with Sky a few years a go and the renewal quote was, lets just say a bit of a jump compered from the previous year. Not a problem I thought I'll get some quotes from some other companies. Except I couldn't, because most of your competitors aren't allowed to quote against Sky. Why is this and how is this helping me to get best value for money?

BTW I'm not having a dig at you personally, your a nice guy........when you're drunk :friday: It's just the case my experience was with Sky.

Sky use the same underwriters as other companies, LWIB for example, and in the interest of the insurers, the underwriter will not quote one of their clients against another. It's not Sky, its the underwriter.

That's how it was explained to me anyway :)

I'm with sky now, and although the original quote was higher than I wanted, they beat other companies when I rang them with another quote. Plus I got extra perks with sky compared to others.

Ollie, I'm also interested if you do a simple "multicar" policy.

Sky use the same underwriters as other companies, LWIB for example, and in the interest of the insurers, the underwriter will not quote one of their clients against another. It's not Sky, its the underwriter.

I'm with sky now, and although the original quote was higher than I wanted, they beat other companies when I rang them with another quote. Plus I got extra perks with sky compared to others.

Ollie, I'm also interested if you do a simple "multicar" policy.

The problem with the Underwriters is believed to of arised after a larger Insurance broker complained at being undercut by there smaller competitors

This may or may not be true, but it was what I was told when I was refused a quote

I questioned the legality of this sort of thing, as to me it creates a Monopoly and stops competition, but we all know these sort of things go on behind the scenes in many lines of business. The person agreed that it was a very questionable practice, but they can't argue, as the Underwriter would just refuse to offer there services to that broker anymore, I ended up having to go to someone totally different to get my Insurance

But back on topic,

I find it a bit odd to post this thread using a very exceptional quote, can you put up a quote that is more inline with the more normal human beings among us lol, maybe using a run of the mill £20k Audi as the main car and a couple of weekend toys and a wifes decent shopping trolley sort of thing

It would be interesting to see a quote based more on the real world:d

I understand that specifics are hard in insurance quotes, it's just the quote you have used seems really extreme or is it just me that is thinking that

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

and in the interest of the insurers, the underwriter will not quote one of their clients against another. It's not Sky, its the underwriter.

What interests though, obviously it's not so that current broker can inflate the price knowing I can't get a competitive quote from a competitor?