The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting my TT back on the road thread

Suprash

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So last weekend I managed to get most bits dressed back into my engine bay, the only real big job left to do now is make up some new brake lines from the ABS removal :)

Next job is to refresh air con rad, P/S cooler and dress in air con lines and then she's ready for the engine to go in :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So seeing as I finally finished the car, thought I had better finish off this thread :D

So engine was finally finished....

Next was to get it back in the car......

Engine finally back in her place :D

So first drive out to get some fuel lol.......

No rear bumper ready, so running commando

As I promised to my sponsor SFS Hoses that they could have the car for their stand last Sunday, come Sat I was still sorting leaking brake issues, traction control issue from the ABS removal and was out there till midnight sorting the car out. Hadnt even drove her further then the end of my estate, let alone to Silverstone for Trax. The drive there was pretty nerve racking, but she made it there and back, the only slight issue was the following day using her for work and on the way home had a knocking noise develop, which turned out to be a loose caliper bolt, but that was it.

To finally be back in the old girl after 4 years is so good, hearing and feeling those twins I had forgot how awesome. I have clocked up about 450 miles on her as of today and this weekend I will drop the oil/filter and will then start boosting her on both turbos and running her above 3k rpm.