The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any body came across this car before?

Guest realaqibkhan

In 8 years my supra has never smoked be it first start up or flat out

Smoked or steamed? A brand new bently will smoke on start up as its condensation in the exhaust burning off.

A byproduct of combustion is water vapor. When the exhaust system is very cold, the water condenses, so you see the steam and some water dripping out of the tail pipe. When the exhaust system is hot, where the water vapor cannot condense, no more "smoke".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All cars smoke when there cold, you need to drive it around a little bit warming it right up then see if its still smoking. Mine smokes loads in the morning when freezing but in hot weather none at all.

So it only smokes when its cold weather ? i think you'll find its not smoke that's coming out

your exhaust ;)

Smoked or steamed? A brand new bently will smoke on start up as its condensation in the exhaust burning off.

A byproduct of combustion is water vapor. When the exhaust system is very cold, the water condenses, so you see the steam and some water dripping out of the tail pipe. When the exhaust system is hot, where the water vapor cannot condense, no more "smoke".

Hahah I don't class steam as smoke

So it only smokes when its cold weather ? i think you'll find its not smoke that's coming out

your exhaust ;)

I know that :p

Im trying to keep it simple for people to understand. To some people its the same thing but thats why I said to let it warm up to then recognise weather its smoke or "smoke" :)

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

I think that just confuses the matter to be honest, smoke is

down to burnt oil/petrol.

Steam which is what your describing is down to water/moisture

which is mostly in your exhaust.

So the question is, does the steam/smoke clear once this na

is warmed up ? if not its smoke and i'd go look elsewhere.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I think that just confuses the matter to be honest, smoke is

down to burnt oil/petrol.

Steam which is what your describing is down to water/moisture

which is mostly in your exhaust.

So the question is, does the steam/smoke clear once this na

is warmed up ? if not its smoke and i'd go look elsewhere.

Yeah but it would be a pita to get the valve stem seals done new piston rings etc to find out its just condensation. Its surpprising how many people confuse the two lmao.

Guest realaqibkhan

ITS STEAM! you guys have me shitted up for a second :| STEAM. EVERYTHING IS STEAM. STEAM IS GOOD. lol ok, well yeah i feel these dont pop up everyday (without ridiculous body kits and mom steering wheels) so ill let u guys know how it goes. In a perfect world i'd get a mini bus hired out so u can all come along to inspect it and sweat the dealer up! aha, thanks guys :)

ITS STEAM! you guys have me $#@!ted up for a second :| STEAM. EVERYTHING IS STEAM. STEAM IS GOOD. lol ok, well yeah i feel these dont pop up everyday (without ridiculous body kits and mom steering wheels) so ill let u guys know how it goes. In a perfect world i'd get a mini bus hired out so u can all come along to inspect it and sweat the dealer up! aha, thanks guys :)

I rest my case Dr Dunk :p

Guest realaqibkhan

One more thing, i cant find any original active front spoilers or bonnet scoop's to make it look like a fake uk spec.. lol you guys know a place online?

Interesting..........I notice you live in west yorkshire , yet you have seen this car in St Helens. Going off the thread, I think you could proberly do better for 3k. Do just jump in, there's plenty of good cras out there. Like Havard I'm not far from this car and again have not seen it about. If Paul dosent know it, then its never been to a northwest meeting in the past few years, so the dealer could have brought to St helens from anywhere. Why not come to the next northwest meeting and talk to the members at length. They will give you good unbiased views and maybe put you on to a member known car. Or a meeting near to your home. Food for thought.

Guest realaqibkhan

Keron, thanks bro & i'd love to go to a meet, i doubt its been to a meet.. the car was from Hinckley & around the west midlands area.. the dealer bought it and its in St.Helens.. i will take my time and have a look.. whens the next meet near my local? tx

Interesting..........I notice you live in west yorkshire , yet you have seen this car in St Helens. Going off the thread, I think you could proberly do better for 3k. Do just jump in, there's plenty of good cras out there. Like Havard I'm not far from this car and again have not seen it about. If Paul dosent know it, then its never been to a northwest meeting in the past few years, so the dealer could have brought to St helens from anywhere. Why not come to the next northwest meeting and talk to the members at length. They will give you good unbiased views and maybe put you on to a member known car. Or a meeting near to your home. Food for thought.

Good advice here. The info you will get by talking to current owners, with decades of combined ownership years will be invaluable! As some have said, In todays market 3k is a bit high for that car, even if you knocked him down a bit. Don't rush in when there are plenty of cracking examples out there, most of which are known/owned by forum members meaning there 'progress' can be tracked :)

One more thing, i cant find any original active front spoilers or bonnet scoop's to make it look like a fake uk spec.. lol you guys know a place online?

Yes... If you join the supra forum and search the for sale threads, for some reason you seem to have joined the GTR forum :s

Guest realaqibkhan

deffo need to get myself down to a meet, but are the ones already established on the forums still active? they havent had a reply for months, just wondering lol

Guest realaqibkhan
Yes... If you join the supra forum and search the for sale threads, for some reason you seem to have joined the GTR forum :s

eh, what do you mean mate