The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz-GE-T build

FOSTA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've missed this thread somehow as well, good work mate but the reamer bit looks a bit severe to me as well.

I used small flap discs and fine dremel bits when I done a zetec a few years ago. I'm no expert though mate, just thought I'd add what I used.

Are you going hand grind the valve seats, I found that a killer on a 16 valve never mind a 24, hopefully you've got better forearm muscles than me;):D

As can be seen in the pics linked, I gasket matched mine without dismantling and the rubber bungs used to keep the filings out of the engine restricted the depth I could work.

Without this restriction you'll find that the flappy wheel will naturally form a blade between the ports and keep them nice and uniform too.

As can be seen in the pics linked, I gasket matched mine without dismantling and the rubber bungs used to keep the filings out of the engine restricted the depth I could work.

Without this restriction you'll find that the flappy wheel will naturally form a blade between the ports and keep them nice and uniform too.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. The tool I used was to take away the majority of the material. Headgames use the same tool to start off with too and they build race engines so I don't think I've done it wrong or used the wrong tool for the job. I will be going in with the floppy wheel and taking down the port further blending it in nicely.

As for uniform, mine are uniform. I think I see why you think they are not, if you look down the port I've done and look where the tool hasn't hit, the line isn't stright and giving the appearance of it being misshapen but I can tell you it looks perfectly uniform by eye. Ill post more pictures when I've finished them as I'm fairly confident I've done a good job of it.

:)

I've missed this thread somehow as well, good work mate but the reamer bit looks a bit severe to me as well.

I used small flap discs and fine dremel bits when I done a zetec a few years ago. I'm no expert though mate, just thought I'd add what I used.

Are you going hand grind the valve seats, I found that a killer on a 16 valve never mind a 24, hopefully you've got better forearm muscles than me;):D

Cheers mate,

Yeah I will be doing them by hand mate. I could use the drill but think ill do a better job by hand ;)

Does look pretty sweet dude. How long did you think its took you so far?

I honestly don't know mate lol, I've just spent a hour here and there lol if I had to guess I'd say about 8-10 hours at a guess. Lol

That's from staring to strip the engine down to porting it and that Doesn't include the 4hour drive to pick the engine up and bring it back :)

Well just got my petrol tank cover back from the powder coaters, I decided to get it coated in a dark metalic gunmetal gray.

Looks loads better than the orange rust look.

Not a good picture but you get the idea:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/57748E04-778C-424E-A3E4-67BEF5ED67F1-3490-000004276CCE6E2E_zpsaf67517e.jpg

After:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/9358AFE5-61EE-42CA-B3CE-26467EFF6682-187-0000000C33BAABED_zpsc188db6e.jpg

Looks great. Think I'll get mine done too.

• 1 month later...