The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz-GE-T build

FOSTA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Any updates mate? Are you going to regrind the valves or should they be okay with just a clean up? Following this with interest still :)

The valves need to be reground.

Erm there isn't much to update mate. The head just needs a skim then its ready to build back up. I havnt started the bottom end yet as I've put it on hold untill after my wedding wich is soon so keeping all funds for that then when I'm back it will be full steam ahead!

For the time being to keep me busy I've been working on building my mates car from the ground up! Sick of it now though lol.

The valves need to be reground.

Erm there isn't much to update mate. The head just needs a skim then its ready to build back up. I havnt started the bottom end yet as I've put it on hold untill after my wedding wich is soon so keeping all funds for that then when I'm back it will be full steam ahead!

For the time being to keep me busy I've been working on building my mates car from the ground up! Sick of it now though lol.

I've got the head off mine and really am debating how far to go with it. The valve stem seals need replacing at the least as 3 of them are leaking slightly. I was hoping to just strip the head, clean it up and refit with new stem seals.

Although, I'm now thinking it may be worth getting the head skimmed for piece of mind and regrind the valves myself. That gives the knock on effect of me having to re-shim the head though, which is a shame as all the shim clearances were spot on before I removed the cams. Only other thought is if I can regrind them very lightly I may be able to avoid having re-shim it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok it's been a long time since I've updated this!

Reason why is because I was saving for a wedding witch happened in September there and when I got back I wanted to sell up! :(

I've now decided against that and found the love again! :D

So I'm pushing forward with this.

Ok to start off I've spent the afternoon working in the Bottom end taking the pistons out.

I also went to take the oil pump off but I'm held up as I need a pulley tool which has now been ordered.

I also have put in a order for one of these kits from titan Motorsport , hopefully it shouldn't take to long to arrive.

• 1 month later...
Looks ace fosta you just running the nitrous for intercooler cooling or some sort of injection too?

For now it will be just for intercooler cooling, but I'm wanting to use it for injection when the other engine goes in. Only think with that is I will have to re-position the bottle when the time comes due to the pick up tube inside the bottle. :)

- - - Updated - - -

enjoyed reading this, top work fosta

Cheers fella ;)