The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Invoice from Garage

_Shane_

I have every email saved here in my work email inbox that i have received from the sales guy at the garage. This one one email that i just found and this was before i dropped the car up to them

Fit HKS 264 cams - Est 4 hours - NOW COMPLETE

Fit Intake manifold and 80mm tb - Est 3 hours - STILL NOT COMPLETE, HALF DONE I SUPPOSE

Relocate battery to the boot ( I have cabling and battery try for this ) - Est 2 hours - NOT DONE YET

Fit AEM wideband - tbc (WIDEBAND GAUGE FITTED BY MYSELF, ALL THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE IS RUN CABLE FROM GAUGE DOWN ANDTHROUGH GROMMIT IN TUNNEL, BUNG ALREADY IN DOWNPIPE FOR THEM TO USE, THEY QUOTED ABOUT 2 HOURS HERE

Our hourly labour rate is charged at ?50 per hour therefor an estimated allowance of time for the above work would total 15 hours (fitting of wideband / wire tuck tbc)

they wont be touching my car for the wire tuck or the ecu fitting / mapping i can assure you now !!!

Total = ?750

Mapping = ?450

Estimated total = ?1200 Inc Vat

Im already at 1050 and most of the above is not complete lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute piss take! you want to say that you have not budgeted for that amount of money for that amout of work! and you only budgeted on there estimates of the work being completed of around the £1200 mark.

SO CRACK ON! AND THERE IS £1200 WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED!.................................................TW*TS!

Good luck mate! And i hope you put them in there place! ;)

Def not a thing to do with the lads @ SSI

I had my car up with Colin last year and work was top notch, couldnt have dealt with a more nicer person :)

So anyone thinking of taking car to SSI i would highly recommend them, only reason i didnt take my car to them this time round was he was booked out and me been me i didnt want to wait lol

How should i approach this? Should i contact trading standards?

How about getting some detailed quotes together from other traders (SRD, JM Imports, Paul Whiffin, Chris Wilson, Garage786 etc..) to show the garage what they *should* charge?

How about getting some detailed quotes together from other traders (SRD, JM Imports, Paul Whiffin, Chris Wilson, Garage786 etc..) to show the garage what they *should* charge?

Oh and email them a link to this thread, If they don't reconsider their quote, then contact trading standards. :)

It's not on for unscrupulous garages to take advantage of unsuspecting customers like this. Really makes my piss boil.

The lesson is stay with Colin at SSI, he is busy right now but there isn't a thing he doesn't no and doesn't over charge either, my supra runs perfect and most of it has been rebuilt by him

Ps what garage you bring your supra to?

Colin looks after mine a treat too!

Sorry to see this shane , seen their prices for an evo oil change they posted today and was surprised at the price plus length of time they quoted just to change the oil , 1.5 hours for just oil and filter ! I could do it quicker and i am not a mechanic

No idea if they are over on GTROC mate

I only posted this up here as i didnt know what to think of the invoice i got and i know most of you guys on here are more than capable of doing this work.

I told them to finish piping the intake manifold and i am coming to collect the car

Am I reading this wrong here? They have charged you to fit the cams, then they relized they hadn't fitted them properly by using the wrong shims. And then charged you an extra £100 to fix there own mistake?

Exactly what i thought when i was given the price, hence why i posted on here, I am on here 5+ years and have always been given top notch advice by you guys