The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Invoice from Garage

_Shane_

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right guys i need your help please on this, i would like to do up a nice email and send to the company regarding the prices they have invoiced me for etc

If you want to offer some help you can pm me or even post it on here. I just want the invoice explained i.e they charging me for removing the cams and timing belt when there was clearance issues, surely they should be the ones incurring this cost and not me !!

Thanks anyway guys

You learn from your mistakes mate although its not your fault your being ripped off. You just know for next time to send the car to lee and pay the ferry charges etc will still work out cheaper and then you will know your getting good rates and you will have zero problems with your car. Lee is the best there is imo he should charge more to be honest but he's too much of a nice guy, a lot of respect for him.

I don't have much knowledge and yet have worked solely on my car from info gathered here and on mkiv.com. If I can do it, you can do it, and I bet you have more tools than me. You just got bum raped without vaseline, and trading standards and a lawyer buddy for indecent practices will work out cheaper.

I would get that original bill, and ask very nicely a respected trader on here to have an input on what they would charge labourwise etc. (give you an idea on any overcharge by ECC)

Seems you were going to LeeP in the first place, Probably would have still been in pocket with flights/ferrys and still had pocket change for a Burger King :D

Piece of mind the workmanship would have been top notch and right first time with SRD(gt-R) ltd too :) - hope you get some pennies back

Guest Nicholas

I had an engine build done a while back by a company new to this forum up north with little rep... Never again, stick to the good places we know and love G786, WHIFBITZ, SRD, Chris Wilson.

I had an engine build done a while back by a company new to this forum up north with little rep... Never again, stick to the good places we know and love G786, WHIFBITZ, SRD, Chris Wilson.

Care to name or pm me the name so I can avoid bud as I'm due to get work done soon.

WOW! makes Lee's prices look like he works for nothing. SRD FTW!!

Srd ftw!

I think you've made your point.

Shane, as others have said, your best best is to get quotes from other garages based on the work you had done, and then send them copies. I wouldn't approach trading standards just yet, just see if they are willing to negotiate on the cost. I do feel for you though, it cant be easy being accross the pond and wanting to get work done by a reputable garage.

Any reply from the garage on the charges etc shane ?

Reply back

''As previously explained the reason you have been charged twice for cam installation is because once the aftermarket cams were fitted we measured the tolerance and found them to be slightly too tight according to HKS's website. We advised you of this and you were happy to continue with re-removal, skimming or shims and re-fitting.

I dont understand how this could have been measured without firstly fitting the cams, therefor this is to "mistake" you are paying for and you have certainly not been overcharged''

Shane, as others have said, your best best is to get quotes from other garages based on the work you had done, and then send them copies. I wouldn't approach trading standards just yet, just see if they are willing to negotiate on the cost. I do feel for you though, it cant be easy being accross the pond and wanting to get work done by a reputable garage.

Thanks Kayla, i dont want to go down that road i just want the work carried out at a fair and reasonable price. It seems to me that every price i get a quote for any amount of work to be carried out that every job is pretty much minimum 1.0 hours labour !!