The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FOSTA'S how to fit a basic NA-T kit

FOSTA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about import tax?

Anyway the reason why I was here to originally comment was to say great thread, it gives morons like myself and many others on here a nice in-depth view on the process ect, how long did it take to do this if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks mate, yeah you don't pay tax on commercial samples or very little just saying lol.

It took me and a friend 2 nights after work and I drove it home the 2nd night but I had everything ready to go on.

Not too bad :)

• 4 months later...

Great work as already said, you've now set me on buying a sup such an easy task to do the na-t conversion

I think ill need you an mark like few packets of skittles inc haha

• 2 months later...
Really really want to go down the NA-T route but wish I could do the work as don't have the money to pay someone. Best keep saving!

Just go for it yourself, it's the best way to learn! :D

Yeah you might make some mistakes but what's the worst that can happen, you can pick up a second hand NA motor for £150-200 if the worst dose lol ;)

• 1 year later...

In my opinion if your car is the manual gearbox and you want to make sure you modify the oil return safely into the sump pan, and to change the clutch, which is essential, and to fit other bits whilst the engine and gearbox is removed, is the only way to go. I accept that doing this in your driveway is not really safe or practical, but if funds are low and you are determined to have a go, then, good luck. You will save £800 ish on labour, also, what about the most important thing, the mapping and testing ! ! without this bit you could be wasting fuel, burning out valves if she is running mega weak, and the pain of not knowing if she is running at the optimum settings for BHP and engine longevity.

I would sooner save up longer and make sure an expert does the conversion, experience is the main thing IMHO, you learn the hard way and you cannot find a substitute for it, i am a HND mech & electr. engr, but as i just said, it's the knowledge and experience which matters, no way would i consider a DIY in my driveway. herbiemercman.

herbiemercman. You're writing technique makes it so difficult to read, I actually gave up and skipped a bit.

Plus I also HND in mechanical engineering, I topped it up to a full BSc, doesn't make me a tuning god.

I've never seen someone DIY fit an exhaust manifold and burn out valves.

Anyone can fit a turbo kit, just make sure you get decent parts and it mapped properly. Wish I'd fitted my own really. But then, I'm lazy :cool:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...