The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIVSupra.net Track Day member list

ManwithSupra

What area of London, South, Mid, North?

Sorry I am in Mid London (Docklands) - Though happy to travel to a decent track but not too far away so I can drive back too. :)

brandshatch is the closest to you mate being your over the isle of dogs, if you book one up ill go with you, if you want to just try it out as it can be hard on the car and pocket they do 20minutes tasters for £25 and you can book up more in one go if you like :D

I was thinking that might be but wasn't sure. Let me look into it & will let you know :)

See if Richard has any other suggestions too.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracks closest to you will be Brands Hatch, Dunsfold Park (top gear track), Abingdon & Lydden Hill.

Out of those Brands Hatch is the best track IMO, however Abingdon would be the best if you have not done a day before.

Abingdon isn't really a circuit, its a airfield which is made into a circuit using cones, this means lots of runoff which is great for getting used to the cars limits.

These days are also at the "cheaper" end as well, offers lots of thrills with not many spills. That said as its not an actual track you don't get the feeling you have been on an actual racing circuit and therefore dampens the day a little... well it does me anyway.

Brands is a fantastic circuit, however it is actually quite technical, there are some tricky bends and elevations, not to say that you shouldn't give it a go, but if you do just go at a pace you feel comfortable with. There are some good run off area's however if you watch the BTCC you will know there are a number of areas where the barriers are much closer then you think.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm organising a day in the west Mids/staffs area at curborough sprint course on the 22nd of this month.. Only got 2 slots left .. £50 a slot all day 9-5 quite a small sprint circuit but perfect for beginners, testing or just a mess about!

Pm me if you want in :)

• 1 year later...