The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIVSupra.net Track Day member list

ManwithSupra

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked myself in at Mallory Park on the 19th Sept, got some tuition booked in to boot.

Have an LSD to rework in the week beforehand, try and fit my harness without making a pigs ear of it, change the battery for an optima and fit the front part of the cage.

Be SURE to run some extra oil in the sump, say 5 to 10 mm over the full mark, hot and rested for ten minutes. Gerrards is a killer as far as oil surge goes. Take care, run off is minimal in places, it's not an easy circuit for getting it wrong. Have a good day, take care though!

Be SURE to run some extra oil in the sump, say 5 to 10 mm over the full mark, hot and rested for ten minutes. Gerrards is a killer as far as oil surge goes. Take care, run off is minimal in places, it's not an easy circuit for getting it wrong. Have a good day, take care though!

on the subject of oil surge, I do like to run sticky slicks and this is a concern to me, are there any low cost tricks to help prevent this . or is it a dry sump only job?

on the subject of oil surge, I do like to run sticky slicks and this is a concern to me, are there any low cost tricks to help prevent this . or is it a dry sump only job?

The stock sump baffling seems pretty resistant to surge, personally I'd risk a little excess oil level and a BIG and BRIGHT oil pressure warning light and see how it goes. Accusumps work, but just more oil plumbing and something else to go wrong. I doubt a 2JZ-GTE in a Supra on stock type suspension and rims that fit under stock arches will generate enough G to be a problem, even on slicks. The MKIV is probably not ideal for slicks without major suspension mods as the camber change curve isn't great

[GRIN][/GRIN]

The stock sump baffling seems pretty resistant to surge, personally I'd risk a little excess oil level and a BIG and BRIGHT oil pressure warning light and see how it goes. Accusumps work, but just more oil plumbing and something else to go wrong. I doubt a 2JZ-GTE in a Supra on stock type suspension and rims that fit under stock arches will generate enough G to be a problem, even on slicks. The MKIV is probably not ideal for slicks without major suspension mods as the camber change curve isn't great

ive been using e46 bmws as track cars over the last year or so and with good suspension and slicks they hold on real well in the fast bends , just fitting a 2jz in one now for better engine reliability, I seem to break the bmw l6s

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Really want to do a track day! What track would you recommend close to London?

brandshatch is the closest to you mate being your over the isle of dogs, if you book one up ill go with you, if you want to just try it out as it can be hard on the car and pocket they do 20minutes tasters for £25 and you can book up more in one go if you like :D