The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie, UK TT6 and UK TT auto

ant141

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a UK spec register on here so that we can keep track of the few that are left, if you become a member pop into the members section and add you details in there so I can add your car to the register. Alternatively you can pm your car details and I will add it for you and welcome to the club.

Welcome to the club! Im guessing the car was bought from Broughtons Garage? Was sold through the club as well. Very nice car! Must be one of the lowest miles on a UK spec!

Yes it was. Saw it by chance and had to have it. Not sure about selling my auto though as i've become very attached to it. And if it's only worth around £6k now, not worth selling it.

- - - Updated - - -

We have a UK spec register on here so that we can keep track of the few that are left, if you become a member pop into the members section and add you details in there so I can add your car to the register. Alternatively you can pm your car details and I will add it for you and welcome to the club.

Will do and thanks.

Welcome Ant.....my first Sup TT was blue (storm) auto and then 9 years after selling it Iv'e got a Red TT both auto. Love the box, never been bothered about a manual but know there pretty well prized. IF you sell hold out for a good price as they are getting pretty rare. You could drive for months and months before seeing one on the road. They will only appreciate in value. Look at the crazy prices some of the Supra garages are asking. Sounds like you have found a cracker, you could sell it on here in a day and name your price within reason. Well done. Get some pictures on.! Ray

Its crazy. Its the colour of my first one and possibly the best colour. I wonder if its because its not stock or the fact that the video shows it going like hell round the track??? It.. JUST might make buyers that don't know the strength and capabilities of the TT engine, think its been thrashed. Perhaps you should put in the ad "contact anyone one here that knows it and your reputation." Just a thought. I would have snatched your hand off 8 months ago and paid your first asking price. Good luck mate.

It's not on eBay. Just an honest picture and one of the best i have. Just because a car has been down the strip doesn't mean it's a heap of junk. You saying you wouldn't buy Jamie's car because it's been to the pod?

I don't think it's got anything to do with it not being standard. Most people wanting a supra tend to not want a standard one anyway :) unless they are an old man ;)

I do keep thinking about redoing the advert. But im on holiday next week so not much point as i wont be arround to answer. I hate not being honest and also answering the same sodding questions over and over so put as much history in as I can. For anyone interested my car has done arround 20 quater mile runs and 2 trackdays. One in the video. Which had 5 corners and was a low speed sprint track. The other was the club day at llandow. Where I only did half a day due to the long drive home. Oh and I did thunder road too. In addition it's do e 10's of 1000's of miles in my ownership and never left me stranded bar a flat battery the first week I got it.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Welcome Ant.....my first Sup TT was blue (storm) auto and then 9 years after selling it Iv'e got a Red TT both auto. Love the box, never been bothered about a manual but know there pretty well prized. IF you sell hold out for a good price as they are getting pretty rare. You could drive for months and months before seeing one on the road. They will only appreciate in value. Look at the crazy prices some of the Supra garages are asking. Sounds like you have found a cracker, you could sell it on here in a day and name your price within reason. Well done. Get some pictures on.! Ray

UK Spec's don't seem to be commanding the prices they used to, just recently we had a nice Black UK TT6 go for £8.5k, then a couple of UK Auto's go for £5-6k.

It's not on eBay. Just an honest picture and one of the best i have. Just because a car has been down the strip doesn't mean it's a heap of junk. You saying you wouldn't buy Jamie's car because it's been to the pod?

I don't think it's got anything to do with it not being standard. Most people wanting a supra tend to not want a standard one anyway :) unless they are an old man ;)

I do keep thinking about redoing the advert. But im on holiday next week so not much point as i wont be arround to answer. I hate not being honest and also answering the same sodding questions over and over so put as much history in as I can. For anyone interested my car has done arround 20 quater mile runs and 2 trackdays. One in the video. Which had 5 corners and was a low speed sprint track. The other was the club day at llandow. Where I only did half a day due to the long drive home. Oh and I did thunder road too. In addition it's do e 10's of 1000's of miles in my ownership and never left me stranded bar a flat battery the first week I got it.

Think I new advert with just pictures of the car will help the sale, as much as we know you the general Joe could think this is your track car so all you do is abuse it. Go clean her and pick a nice location to take some pictures. Then keep the advert nice and simple, and you should get some interested folks, though no stopping the dreamers and time wasters.

Hi and good luck

Having trouble selling my uk blue bpu auto for 5.5k :(

God knows why to be frank.

Guigsy I have seen your advert on ebay, i wouldnt look at that advert due to the santa pod burn out picture.

i may be talking allowed of tosh but thats my 2p

BPU car on the classifieds sold for 6k last week so maybe its the colour :D

Or maybe because its got the old man cream interior.

You can get lower mileage mint imports for the same price plus there are so many for sale its take your pick

No mate its much easier than changing parts, just plug a laptop into any mkiv

and select the mileage you want, usually happens before cars get here and

have no history :D

I do have to wonder why a lot of these low mileage imports need new wheel

bearings, oil pumps blah blah blah :D

Glad my stegosaurus doesn't :D

Where you been scotty ? got any meets worth coming too :) other than

Hooters in the N/Y

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

No mate its much easier than changing parts, just plug a laptop into any mkiv

and select the mileage you want, usually happens before cars get here and

have no history :D