The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of going single

andz222

Id seriously consider selling up and buying one that's already converted it'll save you a lot of money and hassle

+1.

Buy one with a known history, most of the teething issues (which pretty much all singles will have at some point) will have been ironed out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot are going to put the man off Supra's forever. You can go single for under 10k and build it (properly) Just don't go for big power, shop around for parts. Whats the current spec on your car?

The For Sale section of late is an Aladdin's cave for those wanting to go for more power.

go single, ;), They only pay 10k+ as they pay some1 loads to fit it ;).

ORLY??

Brief summary of my build:

Turbo Kit: £3500

ECU: £2000

Fuel pump: £150

FMIC: £700

Injectors: £500(ish)

Clutch and flywheel: £700

New OEM water and oil pump: £300(ish)

Superspark coilpacks: £350

FPR: £70(2nd hand)

Brake upgrade(if your still on JSpec is 100% neccasary): £700

Sticky tires(which you will need to avoid those ditches): £450 for a pair of rear tires

So that is roughly £9500 and don't forget you will need a proper mapping session on the car which will be around £400-£500, I'm also bound to have forgotten some things aswell.

then how do i know quite a few people running 500+ which have only payed half of that?

Thing is, alot of people pay for High name stuff! thats where the money goes !

Just because it has its name on it, boooshh price goes up!.

dont say it doesn't

(e.g- £10,cotton t-shirt.......£50,cotton t-shirt with a little horse)

think bout it.

then how do i know quite a few people running 500+ which have only payed half of that?

dont say it doesn't

think bout it.

Alot of people also have problems down the line, due to cheap parts used, these are the cars you see for 6-7k complete- buy it now.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

dont say it doesn't

think bout it.

Reminds me of someone who done a budget build & with the budget build came a budget ECU, after thrashing it for 2 months it went pop! If he brought a proper ECU then this wouldn't have happened, the ECU would have detected knock & put the engine in limp mode. That £1k he saved has now put him £2k down, and after that experience he no longer owns a Supra.

The cotton t-shirt theory for clothing is fine but you can't use the same principle for mechanical components, ever brought a cheap Chinese copy of an item on eBay & seen how bad the fitting is? Failure rate? I understand not all are the same but the percentage of ones that break are higher. Some of these big names spend an awful lot of money into production design & production.

yeh that is one thing i wouldnt skimp on though, is an ECU.

:thumbs:

An that is best part of £2k on its own.

It is possible to do it under £10k I hope the OP understands this but if you are paying someone to it and then buying new quality parts then it will easily go over £10k.