My Yellow 1999 RZ VVTi TT6

benkei

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the whole of Saturday to myself, and as I was up early and the weather was nice, I decided to give the yellow monster a good cleaning!

Snowfoamed, Billberried the wheels, washed with AG shampoo and conditioner, dried off with a Poorboys waffle cloth, then polished with AG Super Resin Polish, and finished with 2 coats of Dodo Juice Banana Armour hard wax (it's yellow in colour so helps add more colour to the finish, and also smells of banana :D ).

It took some time and a lot of energy! My arms were aching like hell afterwards! But the results are amazing! :D

As you can see, the su was setting so not looking as shiney as it could, however it's like a mirror finish, and should help protect the paint over the winter!

• 2 weeks later...

So the inevitable has happened... I'm craving more power and a more 'tuned' look and sound ot my Supra. It was only a matter of time before I set off in persuit of BPU! :D

Today was a good day as my parts began to arrive :D

First was the exhaust, coutesy of Joshua (Bagci):

A Nur Spec R is just what I needed, and the price was a steal!

It was packed well, and I must say I was impressed with the use of a bucket to protec the backbox :D

Although the dents put a lot of people off, I have to say they aren't that bad. Photos seem to exadurate the damage. I was looking to get them pulled out, but I may not bother now. I checked the exhaust over and it is in great condition, the inside is all intact, and once on the car the dents will not be noticable anyway.

Only 10 minutes after the Nur Spec, I had another delivery!

A Blitz LM panel filter courtesy of Sunny (SPG-26)

I must say your packaging was commendable! You could have drop-kicked it from yours and it would have arrived undamaged! :lol:

As soon as I had checked the filter over, there was another knock at the door! This was just the postman though, and he had nothing for me, but not too long after that, this arrived:

A 3" Blitz 2nd decat from Keron.

Top marks for all the members I bought parts from, the deals went through effortlessly, the prices were good, and the packaging of the parts was top notch!

Looking forward to getting these on my Supe now!

Was it really that dirty? I t-cutted the crap out of before i sold it, go out and get it fitted :) the noise is worth being cold for lol

I use Autoglym Metal Polish, I've used it on all my exhausts, it's great for removing crap that other cleaners don't and it gives a nice shine afterwards.

It's gone dark now, so will have to wait until another day for fitting!

Update time!

First off, was the 2 minute job of replacing the panel filter.

Out with the old:

Blitz filter looking clean and blue :D

And in with the new:

Decat and Blitz Nur Spec added:

Dent well hidden:

After putting the exhaust on, it looks like the previous car had a nasty bump on the rear quarter, maybe span and hit something? The dent on the inside matches the toe-hook, and the one on the outside is where something impacted with it.

Never-the-less, and awesome looking and sounding exhaust, I'm sure you will agree! :D

Click for video :)

I also stiffened up the HSDs for a firmer ride, another 5 minute job easily done!

Edited by benkei (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...