The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Yellow 1999 RZ VVTi TT6

benkei

Awesome matey, coming along nicely, Can't wait to get a little bit of cash and start treating mine to some tasty bits. :D

On a side note, mine also has the Jap Dvd player and sat nav and sticky things in the window :blink:, stupid cow keep talking to me in Jap when i jump in the car, and also states that my current location is in the middle of the ocean, :rlol: soon to be binned. :D

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your car is gorgeous!! :drool:

Thanks :D I must admit, it does look pretty hot in those pics!

Awesome matey, coming along nicely, Can't wait to get a little bit of cash and start treating mine to some tasty bits. :D

On a side note, mine also has the Jap Dvd player and sat nav and sticky things in the window :blink:, stupid cow keep talking to me in Jap when i jump in the car, and also states that my current location is in the middle of the ocean, :rlol: soon to be binned. :D

I'll be keeping my eye on yours mate ;) I still think white is one of the best colours on a Supra, you've got a stunning car there!

I had the Jap girl talking to me on the drive home from Jurgens! I think she was confused, "We're not in Tokyo anymore...! :blink:"

Just be warned about those sticky things on the windscreen - nightmare to get off!!

Once I have ticked off those last few things, I'll be looking more into styling... Exciting times! :D :D :D

that looks brill mate! very clean, only thing missing is a plush set of wheels, mvp carbon lip, trd half carbon wing and the right stance ;)

Stance will be coming shortly ;) I keep thinking to myself when I walk towards her on the car park, "Damn! She's so HIGH!!!" Definately needs lowering!!

Really liking the yellow. :cool:

Loads of supras have little insects in the lights, there is even a thread about it on supraforums.

It's possible the sensors you guys are finding are either for the GPS or for the toll roads in Japan. :)

Car looks awesome dude!!

Also a thread on here about it ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?259597-Spider-in-the-rear-light

It's to do with the toll road cards, mine had it too, git binned the second day of owning the car along with the other map crap electrics lol

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I had my new brake discs and lines fitted with a fluid flush and replaced with ATE brake fluid, and it feels so much better! They bite straight away and have a much improved stopping distance. Money well spent!

I also touched up the chip on my door and it now blends straight in!

Coilovers are next on the list as I really need ot get her sitting lower, the height is almost embarrassing! :D So BC coilovers are in order!

Exhaust wise I want something not too loud which sounds 'sporty' and has a nice note to it. I really like the HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust...

£512 to be exact :D

Jurgen sent them through to me, although that could have been trade price, and or a special deal that was going at the time?

Possibly trade price I'd imagine. I'd snap them up at that price!

I have a brand spanking new set of Bc coilovers never fitted i might sell but would need to be collected

Tempting mate, but you're too far away :(

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

I decided to bring the paint up a little, so I gave her a damn good clean! I cleaned in as many places as I could find!

The dirt that has settled in the gaps and cracks:

I got it out!

Then I washed her:

And clayed (still a very clean car!)

Then I polished the old, faded paint away, to reveal a deeper, shinier yellow beneath!!

Here's the far left section of the bonnet polished:

A 50/50 shot:

A little more:

And the whole thing:

The finish is so much deeper and glossier!

Same again with the roof:

50/50

Wing:

Door:

You get the idea! :p

She looks so much better now! She really needs a professional job doing, but for now I'm happy :) Except for the dent on the door, which I should be getting looked at tomorrow, see if they can fix it without too much bother!

Next on the list is a set of coilovers. It was a toss-up between HSDs and BC Racing. I was edging towarss BC as they are a bit cheaper, but then HSD decided to give 20% off in a group buy, so I'll go with them instead! :D

I'm also looking for an exhaust. I really like the sound of the HKS Silent Hi-Power, but the HKS Super Dragger looks so much better!

Thoughts?

Edited by benkei (see edit history)