The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Yellow 1999 RZ VVTi TT6

benkei

Beautiful! I would go for a set of black/gunmetal grey Rota GTR's and I would paint the calipers in black or get a set of uk brakes. Blue or red won't look great on a yellow car inho.

Rota Grids in Hyper Black look pretty good. I have the larger UK brakes already, which is why I think a lighter colour would work better - they're worth showing off :D

I will consider everyone's opinions though, maybe run a few images through photoshop to mock up an idea of how it could look.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't do the brakes in red or blue. Black or gunmetal with Supra logos will look classy.

For the wheels I would go with multi spoke, hyper black look.

Just my opinion.

H.

I also like milti-spoke wheels, and I'd probably go for hyper black if I went down that route.

I'm spotting a certain theme for black calipers! :D

Yeah, they are a popular wheel at the moment.

I actually think that a yellow wheel the same colour as the body with perhaps a chrome lip would look different and cool :)

That's not different TJP (Tracey) already has that look & what a look it is!!

Congratulations on the new purchase, its a stunning car!!

Very nice mate, I know what you mean about the colour changing depending on the light as mine does the same

Though I think black calipers with yellow Supra logo on,like mine look cool...

But as you said its a safe bet, you might want to go for something different

Very nice mate, I know what you mean about the colour changing depending on the light as mine does the same

Though I think black calipers with yellow Supra logo on,like mine look cool...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/ca04473f.jpg

But as you said its a safe bet, you might want to go for something different

Thats cracking :D Very nice

Thats cracking :D Very nice

I agree, that looks amazing!

After having a little play on PS, I think red or blue on the calipers is a bit too much, didn't look as good as I had pictured! Yellow was an option, but I think there would be TOO MUCH yellow going on then! So I think black is the best option, maybe with yellow logos now I've seen that!

Thanks for the comments, I'm loving the Supe! :D

I agree, that looks amazing!

After having a little play on PS, I think red or blue on the calipers is a bit too much, didn't look as good as I had pictured! Yellow was an option, but I think there would be TOO MUCH yellow going on then! So I think black is the best option, maybe with yellow logos now I've seen that!

Thanks for the comments, I'm loving the Supe! :D

I agree, i think Yellow would be over the top too.... though Rob has orange brakes to go with his orange car which goes well

Looks nice, I'm always keeping an eye on the cars Jurgen sells, on every forum I've only ever read good reviews about the cars and the overall experience of buying one from him.

This does need to have some black TE37's on though, coilovers, carbon lip, OEM skirts and one of those carbon diffuser things on the back - but that's just my opinion :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got around do making a few improvements to my Supra this weekend.

First, I started with the Jap DVD player.

I took out the dash...

And fitted a Pioneer AVH-2400BT DVD headunit.

While I had the dash out, I removed the Japanese GPS and all the wires and sensors:

There were large-ish rectangular sensors mounted on the windscreen, one the driver's side and one the passenger's side, I pulled these off, but they left a sticky adhesive, which took SO LONG to get off! Took at least an hour of constant scrubbing with Auto Glym APC and a cloth. My shoulders had a damn good workout! :D

I also noticed this:

Maybe some aftermarket parts were present at some point?

Also had these arrive:

Front and rear OEM brake discs. Unfortunately I didn't have time to fit them, but I'm thinking I'll order some braided brake lines and fresh fluid and do it all at once.

I also sorted out the bump-sticker issue on the door:

Before:

After:

Looks a lot cleaner :) There's a small scratch on the edge where there is a tiny bit of rust. I will get a touch-up pen and sort this out shortly.

As it would be rude not to, I gave her a good clean!

The headlights felt a bit rough and looked a tad cloudy, so I polished them up with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish which made an improvement. Also noticed a dead bug in my headlight :blink:

Next on the list:

- Possibly remove rear wiper

- Order braided brake lines and get them and the discs fitted

- Machine polish to bring up the paint

- Paint calipers black and order new Supra decals