My Yellow 1999 RZ VVTi TT6

benkei

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been quoted £120 to fit them, seems a bit steep but he said they require extra work to fit to a Supra?

Extra work like what? Setting the heights?

I'd have a go at it yourself if I was you. I managed to remove my stock uk spec suspension, fit my coilovers, and set the heights, in a little over 2hours, using only a trolley jack. It's not difficult :) Will save you £120 too.

same as mine matey, they are dam good coilovers. :D

Just cover all the bolts and stuff in WD40 the night before, give it a good soaking, then do it again the following day about an hour before you start. Myself and Ian W did mine in a wknd, we were faffing about though taking our time and taking pics. :D Its not a hard job, once you do one side the other side is half the time

Update!

Today I got my HSDs fitted! Massive thanks to Jack for sorting me out! :thumbs:

First was removal of the REAS suspension:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152293.084906.jpg

Then on with the HSDs:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152312.847911.jpg

Jack hard at work:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152335.452898.jpg

And on the driver's side:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152357.235272.jpg

The fronts took the longest, but not too long, and the rears were straight forward and took hardly any time at all!

Got the height all adjusted and it's spot on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350152445.561102.jpg

The car feels much better now! Unfortunately it's gone dark, but I will upload some pics soon of the new height.

Next is to get the wheels aligned so it's set up properly.

Did you follow some kind of guide Geo? Do you have to measure them before putting them on, are they all the same height, etc?

Will check the weather forecast see if there is a weekend of sun coming up with no rain!

Ah crap only just seen this bud, we followed TDR's guide on here. We had to make a few adjustments to the ride height, but seen you got them done. They make a huge difference. I still need to get a full Geo done, which will be done shortly. :)

They look and feel so much better bud?

Geo: Yeh we set the first one up to a good height then matched the rest with little tweaks here and there. They feel really good, more stable and the lower hight is great :D

LBM: They're set at the softest setting for now while they bed in. Then I'll decide how firm I want the ride.

I pulled my finger out this week and ordered a new airbox lid from Toyota. I was pleasantly surprised at the price, only £20.62 including VAT! Ordered and received in 2 days.

The part number for my VVTi is 17705-46100, not sure if it's the same for the J-spec or UK models though, but they used my reg to find the model :)

Gave her a good drive earlier today, all I can say is, wow! The handling is amazing, feels so planted, like it's glued to the road!

Took her out on a private stretch of road where I saw 140 leptons no effort at all, with plenty of pull left! The speedo is pretty out though after 90ish. 100 was reading as 120, so pretty far out!

I love this car more than ever now, even if I used quarter of a tank in 90 miles! Had such a big grin on my face! BPU performance will blow me away!! So that's my next task!