The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Gumball September 25th

MARTIN R

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everything still ok for sunday girls and boys?

Note to SteveTT & Bammbamm:

BRING your own maps, notes & distress flares - This looks complicated :(

everything ok apart from the massive rain cloud coming over tonight, it will be over us tomorow at 7 or 8 am this is not good :complain: :complain:

if is pissing down i ant going. dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

lets pray edd.

tt steve.

ps i have a map but dont plan on loosing the guy in front ;) ;)

Revised route !!!!!

There will be hand outs in the morning but please bring maps :badidea: ; sat nav :rlol: ; fat nav :Popcorn: ; kids with directions; anything you thinks gonna help !!!!!!! :shrug:

Prizes (not expensive ones mind) for best presented car of the day, tackiest non performance modification & least clothed passenger or driver will be awarded.

Entrants should be nominated either by themselves, or anonomously by a “friend” during the morning session. Judging will take place during the lunch stop.

Note : In the event that no one wants to enter for the least dressed passenger or driver, nominations for the dirtiest car will be accepted !!!!!!!

Please note : route had been modified to go from Worcester to Ross via Hereford because Ian R knows the road …… anyone holding him up will be severly punished !!! :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :haha:

Starting at the Mitre Oak pub on the A449 between Worcester and Kiddiminster

A449 into Worcester

Negotiate the one way system round Worcester following signs for the A449, Malver & Ross.

Take care of the speed check & speed camera in the 30mph zone just after Worcester race course.

Pick up the A44 and then the A4103 out or Worcester signposted Hereford.

Once in Hereford (it looks like we’ll be thrown onto a ring road) pick up signs for the A49 to Ross.

On entering Ross, pick up signs for the A40, signposted Gloucester, M5 & Cheltenham

The A40 loops round the top of Gloucester and drops onto the A417, probably signposted Cirencester & Swindon.

Just after Great & Little Witcombe (at an island) take the A436.

The A436 comes to a junction (cross roads) with the A40;

Lunch option : If we turn left onto the A40 and head towards Cheltenham there is a pub on the left called the Waterside (01242 529 671) with a dcent sized car park, a bit of grass, some outside tables and what looks like a bigish restaurant. If the first stage hasn’t taken too long and we’ve not been forced to stop before, this might be a good place to have lunch. Exit car park and turn right onto the A40 and head towards Borton again.

Off the A436, turn right onto the A40 probably signposted Oxford.

Just after Hampnett, the A40 crosses the A429 signposted Borton on the Water & Stow on the Wold.

NOTE : Take care, I’m sure there is at least one speed camera on the A429 but haven’t had chance to check it yet.

Follow the A429 past the turn to Borton on the Water, towards Stow on the Wold & Morton in Marsh.

NOTE : Just after borton on the Water there is a speed camera near a texaco garage

NOTE : Having left Morton on the A249, there is a speed camera after the turn for Stretton on Fosse; I think after an Esso station

Continue on the A429 until it crosses A3400 where you should turn left towards Stratford.

We should drive through Stratford if for no other reason than to draw attention to ourselves, picking up the A3400.

Take the A3400 through Wootton Wawen into Henley in Arden.

Turn left on entry to Henley onto the A4189 signposted Redditch.

NOTE: There is a speed camera 2/3’s of the way down this road immediatelt after the “country cattery”

Arrive at the Island junction with the A435 and the Dog pub. Go straight across staying on the A4189 over a further 2 or 3 islands (the island with safeway being the last).

At this stage road becomes a dual carriage way; and later becomes the A448 signposed Bromsgrove.

Turn right onto the A38 at the Bromsgrove golf centre signposted Worcester / M5

Follow the A38 through Wychbold to the M5, go under the M5 and finish in the car park of Robin Hood pub on the left.

Notes : Phoning the pub ...... great idea; wish i'd read the post earlier .... maybe do it en route.

Timings ....... sorry, didn't think so not done ..... not precious though on lunch venue so very open to suggestions.

No - I meant the Microsoft route itself so I can import it onto my laptop.

Sorry - should've been clearer

I will bring the file with me on USB if anyone wants to upload it.

Otherwise PM your email address and i'll send it over first thing tomorrow. :)

Morning fella's well its stopped raining and seems to be brightening up.

I word of warning about the A4103 it is classed as a dangerous road because of the volume of accidents on it. I have seen 7 in last 12 weeks 1 of which was a fatal. But it is quite safe as long as you don't try silly overtaking on it ;)

Sorry to hear your not coming Damo, I hope you can sort things out. Maybee if you get your head sorted later today meet up with us all for lunch :) You know the drive will help take your mind of it mate.

Thanks for the tip on the road Ian, it sounds as if you could drive the route today blindfolded! Don't forget the first to the lunch pub buys the beers mate ;)

You bringing the kit car Rogue? Weather looks good for the rest of the day.

See you all there.

Leaving now - running late. It's pretty damp around here so sticking with the Supra. Besides which I'm not entirely sure my poor ears can cope with 4 hours of that exhaust! I have to wear ear plugs now to stop the ringing and "WHAT?! SPEAK UP!?"

Fantastic Gumball. Thanks to the guy in the black wrx for taking us on his own Gumball :rlol:

Glynn you did a great job and was a brill turnout look forward to doing one next year..

Didn't take any pics but look forward to seeing some ;)

Will have to organise another meet and cruise before the weather turns hopefully be single by then :Pling: