The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Gumball September 25th

MARTIN R

Hi guys, sorry up to my neck interviewing tottie :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: so have been a bit late with this post but :

Starting at the Mitre Oak pub on the A449 between Worcester and Kiddiminster; meet at 10 am (probably leaving about 10.30)

A449 into Worcester

Negotiate the one way system round Worcester following signs for the A449, Malver & Ross.

Take care of the speed check & speed camera in the 30mph zone just after Worcester race course.

Pick up the A449 out or Worcester signposted Malvern / Ross.

Through Malvern, keep on the same A449 following signposts to Ross

Before entering Ross, and just after crossing the M50, pick up signs for Gloucester, M5 & Cheltenham on the A40.

The A40 loops round the top of Gloucester and drops onto the A417, probably signposted Cirencester & Swindon.

Just after Great & Little Witcombe (at an island) take the A436.

The A436 comes to a junction (cross roads) with the A40; Turn right onto the A40 probably signposted Oxford.

Just after Hampnett, the A40 crosses the A429 signposted Borton on the Water & Stow on the Wold.

NOTE : We will be stopping for lunch / drinkies somewhere on the A429.

NOTE : Take care, I’m sure there is at least one speed camera on the A429 but haven’t had chance to check it yet.

Follow the A429 through Borton on the Water, Stow on the Wold & Morton in Marsh.

Continue on the A429 until it crosses A3400 where you should turn right towards Stratford.

We should drive through Stratford if for no other reason than to draw attention to ourselves, picking up the A3400.

Take the A3400 through Wootton Wawen into Henley in Arden.

Turn left on entry to Henley onto the A4189 signposted Redditch.

NOTE: There is a speed camera 2/3’s of the way down this road

Arrive at the Island junction with the A435 and the Dog pub. Go straight across staying on the A435 over a further 2 or 3 islands (the island with safeway being the last).

At this stage road becomes a dual carriage way; and later becomes the A448 sihnposed Bromsgrove.

NOTE: Last real blast for the twin turbo’s and superchargers

Turn right onto the A38 at the Bromsgrove golf centre signposted Droitwich / M5

Follow the A38 through Wychbold to the M5, go under the M5 and finish in the car park of Robin Hood pub on the left.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rays the roof

I will be travelling down from Manchester that morning so will meet up somewhere on route. Got my daughters so depends what time the ex will let me drop them off!! :cry:

Should be able to count me in now. :)

1. Martin R

2. Suprastar 3000

3. Suprz_rz

4. Triplezoney (Subaru Impreza RB5 from JapWorcs) If I'm allowed lol

5. S7EVE (JapWorcs)

6. Colsoop.

7. Burna

8. Ian R

9. Motley

10. afreemason (zed)

11. PhilTheGreek

12. crimbo.

13. beermonsta

14. CJ & Joshua (Mini Me)

15. Bammbamm

16. Straightsix

17. Trick152

18. Oxygene + Wkdboi2005

19. black cat

20. Pete (RoGuE)

21. Damouk.

Are we stopping for lunch on the way?

Might it be wise to fore-warn our lunch venue that we are coming, possibly arrange for a section of the carpark?

Last midlands meet the Mitre Oak were a little unprepared for us lot! :D

I think we'll be ok meetin at Mitre Oak, doesnt start getting busy until 11.30 onwards, and the car park is quite large.

Just a thought.