The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My attempt at a wire tuck! *dyno vid*

FOSTA

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a spare hour at work so I thought I'd check the face of the throttle body flange ( I really should of checked it along with the face of the runners :-/)

And yep! It was also warped! But only ever so slightly, so a quick trip to B&Q for a large metal file and 45mins later we where flat again! :D

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

The FFIM is all bolted up now, fitted 3mm carbon slate gasket, fitted all new O-rings to injectors and fitted injectors and fuel rail.

I still have loads to do like, relocate pas, relocate boost pipes, fit all vacumme hoses, modify fuel pipe for the fpr, fit throttle body, fit new longer line pressure cable and throttle cable, fit icv and get a pipe welded on boost hard pipe.

And more lol

But I'll keep this updated.

:)

look's great :thumbs:, thumbs up for you doing somuch yourself, may I ask how you cleaned up the fuel rail? mine looks horrible but I dare not to sand blast it.

Cheers mate :)

I just rubbed it down with scoch pad and filled the injector holes with blue roll to stop any over spray getting in then painted it with direct to metal silver paint. Job done :)

I know what you mean as mine was filthy lol

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Cheers mare :)

I just rubbed it down with scoch pad and filled the injector holes with blue rool to stop any over spray getting in then painted it with direct to metal silver paint. Job done :)

I know what you mean as mine was filthy lol

Thanks!, somehow I did not think of that, maybe because I got to used to being lazy and just sandblast everything:rolleyes:

how did you get it so clean lol

I filled the tank with carb cleaner as give it a shake for about 10mins then filled it with 50% washing up liquid and 50% water and left over night.

The body I degreased and sanded down and painted with silver direct to metal spray paint :)

It may of been asked before but what is with the bizarre TB bolt pattern? :shrug:

It's because for now I'm going to be using that ugly oem throttle body.

It's just for a few months once it's up and running as I want to make sure it runs ok, just as Im not very confident and if I change too much all at once and there is a problem it will be harder for me to pin point :-/

:)

Ok I've spent all day today trying to finish the car.

I've done the following:

. Checked all nuts and bolts on ffim where torqued correctly

. Fitted throttle body and all vacuume lines

. Reconnected fuel lines

. Fitted longer throttle cable

. Fitted and extended auto kick down cable. (pain in the ass)

. Relocated and Bled the power steering

. rearranged all boost pipes

So now I just need a small fitting welded onto the hard piping for ICV and it ready for a text drive :D

I have had it started and from what I can tell it all seems fine, so fingers crossed for the test drive!

Then it's time to start fitting the new covers :)

Yep it looks a mess at the minute lol

Good progress dude, the end is in sight :)

Sure is dude just hope it all goes well, I've got to say I'm pritty sick now like lol.

it's took alot longer then I originally thought!

So if all is ok I think I'll fit all the new covers and give it a good old clean then I think I will leave it and enjoy driving it for a good few months before I start to strip it back down for the engine bay to be painted.

Then after that I'm wanting to lower the compression and turn up the boost, fit TT coil packs, and finally start work on the body as I'm wanting a few things done to clean it up :)

It'll work with the ICV on the N/A t.b. and the other blanked off, if you have a T.T. ICV it's a stronger unit and fits the N/A t.b.

The engine is beginning to look stronger than the transmission.

In using a mkiii TT icv Dave, it's mounted on the bottom of the plenum and I'm running a hose from the TT icv to the hard piping next to the throttle body.

The NA icv is blocked off as its against the flat face of the throttle body flange so I couldn't use that one.

Yeah I will need to upgrade transmission but that's for another day lol I can't even be bothered to think about that just yet pmsl :D

Sure is dude just hope it all goes well, I've got to say I'm pritty sick now like lol.

it's took alot longer then I originally thought!

So if all is ok I think I'll fit all the new covers and give it a good old clean then I think I will leave it and enjoy driving it for a good few months before I start to strip it back down for the engine bay to be painted.

Then after that I'm wanting to lower the compression and turn up the boost, fit TT coil packs, and finally start work on the body as I'm wanting a few things done to clean it up :)

Good too hear dude put some miles on it get the love back and ultimately the need for more power :D

Ok I've spent all day today trying to finish the car.

I've done the following:

. Checked all nuts and bolts on ffim where torqued correctly

. Fitted throttle body and all vacuume lines

. Reconnected fuel lines

. Fitted longer throttle cable

. Fitted and extended auto kick down cable. (pain in the ass)

. Relocated and Bled the power steering

. rearranged all boost pipes

So now I just need a small fitting welded onto the hard piping for ICV and it ready for a text drive :D

I have had it started and from what I can tell it all seems fine, so fingers crossed for the test drive!

Then it's time to start fitting the new covers :)

Yep it looks a mess at the minute lol

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/dcebf334.jpg

Loving the integral safety specs. For roadside breakdowns I'm guessing? :D