The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what are your views on this single turbo kit? t61 turbo any good?

Supra N_A

i dont think its you place to brand peoples products junk and not for for purpose. that may be your opininion but the cheap kit has been very fit for my purpose. it will not suffice for a high end massive power build but the manifold, turbo and downpipe have done me fine for my needs

Just my opinion, members can take it or leave it.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your budget for the total build?

Forget cheap kits, they are cheap because IMHO they're junk and not fit for purpose, a decent quality kit will cost £3K-£4K+ and the total build cost £10K+. You could buy used parts and save some money but that comes with some risk.

If you are looking for a 'budget' kit I'd go with the PHR street kit.

thats fair enough. i fixed it for you ;)

i have heard of suprastore storys, but it cant be all bad,

As for the xspower turbo, didnt chris wilson get one and test it iirc i think the results where it was suited for a desiel and the turbine doesnt like the higher heat of the petrol engine, i swear i read it in a thread some years ago, they may have changed the turbo since then though as dr jekyll has had no problems

they are crap though

i dont think its you place to brand peoples products junk and not for for purpose. that may be your opininion but the cheap kit has been very fit for my purpose. it will not suffice for a high end massive power build but the manifold, turbo and downpipe have done me fine for my needs

Don't ahve any experience with xspower however I have bought stuff from the states (ebay) and from traders on here and to be honest it depends what you buy as to what the quality is like. I bought an fmic from ebay after speaking to a friend who competes in drifiting with an s14, the welds were perfect and the piping made up just as it should, even had beaded edges. My manifold is a cast effort from emusa and again the quality was very good, no casting flash and pretty well mated to the ports as standard, also hasn't leaked yet. I have however bought from traders on here recently and the parts are exactly what you can get on ebay (this is my opinion but its bloody obvious when you open the box!), even the jubiless clips I got with one thing had thr brand name from an ebay company stamped on it and believe it or not the fit wasn't great although worked with some persuassion.

In my opinion 'you get what you pay for' does not hold weight with everything you buy, sometimes things are cheaper simply because you cut out the middle man. Although oil lines is a definate NO from ebay, trust me...

Don't ahve any experience with xspower however I have bought stuff from the states (ebay) and from traders on here and to be honest it depends what you buy as to what the quality is like. I bought an fmic from ebay after speaking to a friend who competes in drifiting with an s14, the welds were perfect and the piping made up just as it should, even had beaded edges. My manifold is a cast effort from emusa and again the quality was very good, no casting flash and pretty well mated to the ports as standard, also hasn't leaked yet. I have however bought from traders on here recently and the parts are exactly what you can get on ebay (this is my opinion but its bloody obvious when you open the box!), even the jubiless clips I got with one thing had thr brand name from an ebay company stamped on it and believe it or not the fit wasn't great although worked with some persuassion.

In my opinion 'you get what you pay for' does not hold weight with everything you buy, sometimes things are cheaper simply because you cut out the middle man. Although oil lines is a definate NO from ebay, trust me...

said perfectly

If your wanting to go single go with a Whifbitz kit, they have been proven on here to be decent kits by a few members.

Who is running the whifbitzs NA-T kit as I asked this question before but had no response, Always been curious to see how people are getting on with his kit and what their thoughts on it were after owning and running it for a while.

Personally I'd go for the xspower one if I had to. Mainly because you might get the kit from xspower uk and avoid import duties, xspower also seems to ship quite quickly from what I've heard and offer fairly good advice on clubna-t.com, also your going to have to replace quite a few things anyway either during the build or once your up and running for a while so you might aswell get the cheaper kit and source your own oil lines and/or turbo further down the line.

That's the same kit FOSTA had on his NA-T but odviously for a GE model. I had to reface all his manifold for him. There was a 2mm variation in the face from 1 end to the other. It need to be flat or it won't seal. The downpipe also didn't fit. I won't go into how he got it to fit, you best ask him lol.

The wastegate kept sticking and the oil lines are very poor too.

If you can be arsed with all the fabrication then it does the job. I had the GT45 kit on my blue supra. Had a nightmare fitting it but after it was all fitted it wasn't that bad.

You can actually get the xs power kit from xs power uk through ebay and you can make a "best offer" for the item. To be honest it does seem like a very good price. I personally havent tried any of their components myself though a lot of members are currently running their na-t kits both on here and club na-t with no problems. However it does seem like their kits some fabricating to fit perfectly and they do require a new set of quality braided oil lines.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2JZGTE-single-Turbo-Conversion-2JZ-450-550WHP-Kit-/290503449804?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a35adccc

Edited by abtin90
Didnt realise you could make an offer for it on ebay till now (see edit history)