The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new bpu dyno results

Notts_TT

@1.2 bar 446.1 bhp at fly....

Do you know what gear it was dynoed in?

Without meaning to offend, 446.1hp is just not possible running stock turbos/cams/injectors/ECU, the stock injectors are maxed out at around 400hp.

BPU TT's running stock turbos generally make around 380-400hp (flywheel) at 1.2bar, 430hp is around the max with the addition of cams, bigger injectors and mapped ECU.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep saying everytime we have these threads, all this means is Dan got those figures on THAT dyno on that day, the figures are meaningless and unless you put all your cars on one dyno on one day you will never get to the bottom of who has the most powerful this and that, all manufacturer figures are from an engine dyno which is a diferent kettle of fish. The Dyno dynamics is accepted in the industry as haveing the most realistic figure (hence they used to be used in touring cars to determine if anyone was cheating) but figures will depend on operator and dyno condition etc, then you have the temp probe argument, the temp probe is there to account for inlet temps and calculate the true hp if the inlet temp was not thru the roof due to the artificial enviroment of the dyno, so what if the IT reads 60 degrees if it is indeed 60 then the dyno software is takeing that into account and calculating a true HP !!! I dont know why SRR leave it out but we put it in, so what do we do at the Dyno Day, in or out because we always get the 'No mate the car puts out loads more than that argument!!' Its always the dyno, never the car !!!

I'll say it again, Dynos are meant for tuning and diagnosis, not willy waving, its an INDICATION of the HP of the car.

Dan is going to be doing the stickers on Daywalker, if he comes down I'll stick it on the dyno and see what it says on my dyno. FOC as dan is doing me a good price.

For example we had a little citroen race car in,it had a rebuilt engine that the owner had been told would make 170 ish hp, it had made 150 on a DD and he thought the mapping was to blame, Ashleigh mapped it WITH temp probe and after changing settings it made guess what 171 hp, now without the probe in (reading 33 degrees inlet temp) it would not have made the hp the (profesional) builder told his customer it would make !!!! So should temp probes be used or not ????? It also tells me that my Dyno and operator are using the equipment correctly.

Ive never seen a dyno plot where the power and torque swap over twice before, something is not right with that run, I take it you dont know the rwhp? the flywheel number they have given you is just a calculation, how real it is depends on the % they used.