The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new bpu dyno results

Notts_TT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My uk bpu with all the bpu mods has been dynoed on 3 different rrs over the last 5 or so years and been within I think 12 bhp each time. And it's best result is still not over the 400 Mark. Even at 1.3 bar.

I keep seeing more and more jspec cars running up numbers like these.

I need to find out where they are doing runs like these so I can say my car is 400+ not 397 :p

The graph and car in question ....

Last time I saw a graph like that was JP's heart monitor when he thought his Mrs had found the receipts for what he spent on the Black beast !!!! Thats not the sort of graph we expect, torque and power dont X twice and there is no dip when the 2nd turbo comes on, something wrong there, for a start the car will go a lot more than 111 in 3rd !!!!

I also have never seen a TT dyno sheet like that before, it looks like a rather odd true twin mode plot,

here is a std BPU graph from my old Supra, and incidentally on a 50k engine with perfect compression and leak down numbers, although i suspect the fueling was a touch rich so may have made another 10 or so BHP.

Also another note, that back then, a 400BHP BPU Supra was very very rare strange that there are so many these days even with the 6 years of exta mileage on them:taped:

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)