The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is BPU+ and how much is it to do?

Chris Bailey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a boost controller was just an added bonus. I didnt think you needed one to make it 400bhp.

You dont but its the only safe way of doing it, you need to restrict boost to around 1 bar and turn it up from there, if I set the car to run 1.2 bar now it will prob only run 1 bar on a hot summers day, same as if you set it up to hit 1.2 bat on a hot day when its 1 degree it will prob hit 1.4-5 bar and bye bye turbo !!!

Yes its a J-Spec still running on stock twins, We are taking it down to garage whifbitz soon to have a few things done to it. We are not bothered about making it single turbo we just want it to be reliable and look the part. There's the odd few things wrong with it i.e an oil leak and the rear shocks are leaking. But hopefully we are going to get these faults sorted out in the near future. The plan is to double decat it which will hopefully make it 400+.

Yes its a J-Spec still running on stock twins, We are taking it down to garage whifbitz soon to have a few things done to it. We are not bothered about making it single turbo we just want it to be reliable and look the part. There's the odd few things wrong with it i.e an oil leak and the rear shocks are leaking. But hopefully we are going to get these faults sorted out in the near future. The plan is to double decat it which will hopefully make it 400+.

If you want to know the true HP pop down to me and ill stick it on the dyno, or sign up for the charity dyno day and put it on then (thread in the off topic section)

Well i dont know what to say, Im only saying what ive been told. Me and my dad are supra newbies and we are just trying to get the best advice on running 400+bhp without breaking the bank.

Where did you get it dyno'd mate? It's possible but VERY unlikely it's making that sort of BHP with a cat still in. If it is, the turbos might not last long as your exhaust gas temperatures will be through the roof.