JDukesy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car still looks sweet dude!

Cheers! Now just got to decide what to do with it! Hopefully have a chat with everyone tonight and try make up my mind! If i keep it i will be getting the diffuser taking spats/ skirts off, putting my TRD spoiler back on and trimming the ears of the lip. Then just saving for a TT conversion. But I have my eye on 2 TT auto's both nice stock condition which would be good starting points. Having said that, if i go that route i need to sell my car first! :)

Cheers! Now just got to decide what to do with it! Hopefully have a chat with everyone tonight and try make up my mind! If i keep it i will be getting the diffuser taking spats/ skirts off, putting my TRD spoiler back on and trimming the ears of the lip. Then just saving for a TT conversion. But I have my eye on 2 TT auto's both nice stock condition which would be good starting points. Having said that, if i go that route i need to sell my car first! :)

Keep your OEM skirts, put on the TRD and diffuser and trim the ears! I think a good detail would help restore It back to a deep shine dude!

I would say remove the spats and fit the diffuser....but keep the oem sides...even with the TRD it'll look great in red:

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/westy882/647505F7-E031-4B6C-957D-E50001DC186E-382-0000002D5AA3F8D3.jpg

Wow, thats a stunning pic! Hmmm, that might have convinced me to keep the skirts but i do love the stock body look! I guess if i decide to keep it i will just have to wait and see what it looks like with the diffuser on.

Keep your OEM skirts, put on the TRD and diffuser and trim the ears! I think a good detail would help restore It back to a deep shine dude!

Yeah if i keep it i will be respraying the rear bumper when i take the spats off to fit the diffuser as under the spats will probably need done as well then get it detailed!

Ok, so i think i will now be keeping the car so this calls for a to do list/ wish list.

1. Trim ears on lip and respray it

2. Take spats off and get rear bumper and under the spats resprayed and a few dents/dings pulled out (possibly removing skirts and replacing with stock side pods).

3. Replace exhaust with one that will fit with diffuser

4. Buy and fit diffuser

5. Facelift front & rear lights

6. Fix up interior, new wheel, blue light dash conversion and new seats

7. New wheels

8. Possibly TRD bonnet (still undecided)

9. TT conversion with half BPU

Will probably add more as i go along but thats the list i can think of now.

Ok, so i think i will now be keeping the car so this calls for a to do list/ wish list.

1. Trim ears on lip and respray it

2. Take spats off and get rear bumper and under the spats resprayed and a few dents/dings pulled out (possibly removing skirts and replacing with stock side pods).

4. Buy and fit diffuser

6. Fix up interior, new wheel, blue light dash conversion and new seats

7. New wheels

9. TT conversion with half BPU

Will probably add more as i go along but thats the list i can think of now.

Glad your keeping it dude

Just cut the diffuser!?;)

Best modification you can do! Ross Cs car proved that.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers guys :D

Looking forward to getting stuck in to the next stage of the build now! :)

Just making up a birthday/christmas present to my self list now :p

I've started buying my Xmas car list to myself!:innocent:

Just cut the diffuser!?;)

Best modification you can do! Ross Cs car proved that.

- - - Updated - - -

I've started buying my Xmas car list to myself!:innocent:

Yeah could cut the diffuser but i also prefer exhaust with some angle so its a good excuse to get a new one ;)

Agree on the facelift lights! They are firmly on the christmas list! :)

Good lad! Looking forward to the changes :)

Cheers! Was good chatting to you last night! Looking forward to seeing how your audio build goes! Reminds me that i need to sort audio out in mine! I have had some speakers sitting in my room for over a year which need fitted! Haha

1. Trim ears on lip and respray it. £100

2. Take spats off and get rear bumper and under the spats resprayed and a few dents/dings pulled out (possibly removing skirts and replacing with stock side pods). £150

3. Replace exhaust with one that will fit with diffuser. £350

4. Buy and fit diffuser £350

5. Facelift front & rear lights $400

6. Fix up interior, new wheel, blue light dash conversion and new seats £400

7. New wheels £800

9. TT conversion with half BPU £1500

Total just over 4k, and that's doing everything cheaply.

If you are actually serious about doing all the things on this list then I would sell the current car and buy a TT to start with.

Also, I assume the reason for only going "half BPU" would be the gear box? This won't be an issue with a box designed for the TT engine in the first place.

You should be able to pick up a facelift TT auto or tiptronic for 5-6k no problem. Just my opinion. :)

Total just over 4k, and that's doing everything cheaply.

If you are actually serious about doing all the things on this list then I would sell the current car and buy a TT to start with.

Also, I assume the reason for only going "half BPU" would be the gear box? This won't be an issue with a box designed for the TT engine in the first place.

You should be able to pick up a facelift TT auto or tiptronic for 5-6k no problem. Just my opinion. :)

Yes but the thing is this is a list that would take place over time...if i bought a TT now i would have very little money left to spend on tax/insurance let alone mods etc. I have had my eye on 2. Both are 4.5k and they are stockish. So thats 4.5k to have it stock plus about 3k to then get it looking the way i want. making it 7.5k ish spent. Say my current car is worth 2.5k plus the 4k you mentioned (it will be more then that) so again about 7.5k++... Obviously then you have things like the box to worry about but a TT auto box is not that expensive. Buying a TT for 4.5k stock then having to tidy it up and do various mods to it would also end up adding up. Not to mention I have already spent around the 1k mark on mods/maintenance for this car.

However having said all that, if someone offered me 3k for my car i would be very very tempted to sell it and buy a TT.

I guess we will just have to wait and see but at this point in time the car is staying and i shall continue with my plans. :)

Yes but the thing is this is a list that would take place over time...if i bought a TT now i would have very little money left to spend on tax/insurance let alone mods etc. I have had my eye on 2. Both are 4.5k and they are stockish. So thats 4.5k to have it stock plus about 3k to then get it looking the way i want. making it 7.5k ish spent. Say my current car is worth 2.5k plus the 4k you mentioned (it will be more then that) so again about 7.5k++... Obviously then you have things like the box to worry about but a TT auto box is not that expensive. Buying a TT for 4.5k stock then having to tidy it up and do various mods to it would also end up adding up. Not to mention I have already spent around the 1k mark on mods/maintenance for this car.

However having said all that, if someone offered me 3k for my car i would be very very tempted to sell it and buy a TT.

I guess we will just have to wait and see but at this point in time the car is staying and i shall continue with my plans. :)

Fair enough, but many people have been there and done it before you(including myself with my first TT6) and you always end up spending more money that you will never see back, but I suppose that's not the point in the car modifying game.

Have you been in or driven a TT?(either stock or BPU)

If you haven't then I suggest your view will change after a drive in a BPU supra, the power delivery from 4k on-wards is very moreish. :)

I'm constantly looking at them for sale.

I made the mistake of driving Tony tt's BPU. The power delivery is ferocious. Half BPU wont cut it unless you are soley going for form not function.

It will no doubt cost more to mod an NA rather than just buy a built TT6 or auto but I'd rather know I was driving a car that ive put the time and effort into building instead of buying someones ready built car. Thats just a personal opinion but I also dont think I will ever sell my Supra unless I have the money spare when the do-luck next comes up for sale :D