Supra forsale

shaz2010

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The average UK Supra is now a rusty old thing underneath as it will have seen plenty of salty winters. Maybe this is a less than average example, the advertiser mentions the condition of the body is good considering it's 20 years old. That can be different strokes to different folks. I rarely see a nice UK car, underneath wise, but still see plenty of near mint fresh, or recent, imports. I see tons of posts on other forums saying "Jeez, why's it so cheap, if only I had the cash, if only it was pea green, if only it was at the end of our road, if only the seller was a chain smoking one eyed dwarf", blah blah. There are lots of "if onlys" that are the reason for a supposedly cheap car to remain unsold for a long time. The "if onlys" are what make them not really as cheap as they might appear. If a car is really dirt cheap people overlook the "if onlys".

The cars been sold to a trader Chris and its now over £5500 i think on autotrader, its

also done 100,000 more miles than in the advert on P/H

Just to add theres plenty of rusty horrid j specs about as well ;) but most

people buying these cars dont even think about the underneath and what

they can't see, same goes for the mileage being whatever it says on dash

:D

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The cars been sold to a trader Chris and its now over £5500 i think on autotrader, its

also done 100,000 more miles than in the advert on P/H

agree, think even 79K is a bit high, the golden number always seems to be circa 60K. :)

Not mine! :D

When the MOT guy had mine up in the air, he turned to me and said... "Are you sure this is a 1996 model?" :blink:

He then showed me the BMW 1 series on the next ramp up which is only 3 years old & the difference was amazing!

That reminds me, need to get the underneath protected.

Not mine! :D

When the MOT guy had mine up in the air, he turned to me and said... "Are you sure this is a 1996 model?" :blink:

He then showed me the BMW 1 series on the next ramp up which is only 3 years old & the difference was amazing!

That reminds me, need to get the underneath protected.

Get it waxoyled Abz. Underseal is rubbish if any moisture gets behind it.

Cool, I'll be looking into what to get done, need to check what Rob (Chrome Magpies.com) uses as I am hoping to drop it off to him.

In another thread about protection Chris Wilson recommended Dinitrol as being the best thing to use. Worth a look as it doesn't seem that expensive.