The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Publics thoughts on a Supra

conan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i get mostly good comments but funny enough last week i went to peel car meet and there was a bunch of lads in corsa's punto's and clios. me and my mate hammy (on here) parked up and as we walked over to mcdonalds they shouted over S**T CARS! but i put that down to jealousy! but again today i had a customer come to my work shop for me to carry out some work for him and my supra was locked up inside as its off the road for the winter, so as i open the doors he turns and says " someone has had a s**t in the middle of your floor!" i just laffed as i thought he was taking the piss! but then as a walked over to the van after pulling it out he turned to jeff my bussiness partner and said "i F***ing hate them cars!"

i thought it was really rude! after all he dosnt know me and his car wasnt somthing i would drive PUNTO, and i wouldnt say bad things abouit his car as there is just no need!

Some people eh!

sorry for the bad laguage i tried to star as much of it out ;-)

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

No bad comments about mine either, not one single person believes it is:

A) A Toyota

B) It is 16 years old :D

I was at a Wedding last Sunday & if you been to an asian wedding you will see loads of fancy cars. I had loads of people taking pictures of the car, the video camera man took a shine to it and on the way to the wedding venue he wanted me to lead the cars just in front of the 16 seater Q7!

:D

Sorry Lbm the hands of time had turned as I sent the msg but due to my mother and father having the genetic structure of a retarded asparagus and adding to the fact I have an Na then I may as well go and end my existence right now.

Are you saying I can't come for for Xmas dinner anymore?

I have only received positive comments my N/A...only this afternoon i parked outside a friends house,went in for 15mins..when i came outside again there were a few people looking around her.When i got in they were saying what a awesome looking car she was and asked me all about her..they couldn't believe she is almost 19years old!!......I have had many different people come alongside her in traffic,wind windows down and shout how much they like her..and thumbs up many times too...

I used to get the same with my previous black N/A i owned earlier on this year too..

My black MR2 Turbo i owned for over 5 years and sold a couple of months ago was an awesome looking machine too..used to have people passing nice comments about her too, but not as much as with my Supras!!..Everywhere i go she gets admired for many reasons but defo never any negative comments...Makes you feel sooooo good to drive her!!..and she drives sooo well!!

theres a strange chap that works in a petrol station near my house every time i go in there with the supe he tells me how much he loves it and they are the best jap cars ever made, he has even questioned my other half when she goes in there with out me (not in the supe) and i swear whenever I'm in there i can never see both of his hands, bit unnerving lol :9

Then again as you have an N/A, you probably didn't notice the additional minute wafting past.

Love this.

I've only got negative comments from the girlfriend, her housemates and her friends who said it was stupid, impractical, a petrol-guzzler etc (all of whom have shut up, since I adopted the "you don't get lifts if you insult my baby" attitude)

HOWEVER

I've had some nice comments from my mates, my housemate and random people though, and i'm in a humble NA ^_^

Was once at some lights, 5 pikeys in a chavved out saxo next to me revving, shouting abuse at me, calling me a w**ker, shouting "lets see what you got under that hood!" I pulled away as I normally do, no agression; they were left spinning their front wheels, and even when they got some traction... well there were 5 of them in a tiny car. It wasn't going to end well. I don't really count that as "negative comments" though. On the contrary, i'd rather an imbecile hate on my car than like it :S

I know what you mean but frankly I don't give a toss about what anyone says about my car as I have always liked and wanted one. It is always the people that moan that have the crap cars anyway, I even had someone say how their punto was better as it was newer but in my opinion all the cars nowadays minus the supercars look crap and are way to common and some people just don't get the reason of why a car nearly 20years old was appealing to me to buy.

My mates who have a Evo4 and a Vxr are people whose opinion I value more anyway and they like it so others can kiss my stinking ring piece.

i'v never had people saying drug dealer etc about someone owning a supra :S the only moan i'v heard is from the neighbours from the car being too loud or from the police for a number of reasons :D