The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why choose a Supra over any other car?

Pero

Fiat Coupes are fairly nice cars, i didn't know you could wind them up to 600bhp, some pics would be fab. In regards to the comparison between the two, i would but my bottom on the line and say a well set up 600 bhp Supra would not only slap the Fiat around the face in every situation, but also feel much more planted and safe, they were built with stupidity in mind, stupid power i mean.

Im sure if you posted the same thread up on a FIAT forum you would hear a different story.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just the thing. For relatively little money, you can make my car very fast and reliable.

I'm sure if you put a 600bhp supra up against a 600bhp Coupe, the Supra would struggle to keep up as the Coupe is so light

Fiat reliable?...

Is this Friday's joke played early?

:clap:

Good one.. So what's this thread really about?...

The fiat is a nice little car and quick, but Supra is in a different league, Ill tell you that on any forum...I owned a Fiat coupe 20VT for 2 yrs...a standard Supra is quicker than a Mapped Fiat Coupe and a BPU Supra would destroy it.......As far as cost and reliability, the Supra engine was heavily over engineered and is pretty bomb proof, I couldnt say the same about the Fiat.

Mine is almost full BPU and is quicker than my Old E46 M3 and most other cars on the road today .....I dont really want any quicker it scares me at full boost!

The fiat is a nice little car and quick, but Supra is in a different league, Ill tell you that on any forum...I owned a Fiat coupe 20VT for 2 yrs...a standard Supra is quicker than a Mapped Fiat Coupe and a BPU Supra would destroy it.......As far as cost and reliability, the Supra engine was heavily over engineered and is pretty bomb proof, I couldnt say the same about the Fiat.

Mine is almost full BPU and is quicker than my Old E46 M3 and most other cars on the road today .....I dont really want any quicker it scares me at full boost!

I have seen yours for sale on Pistonheads. Lovely car mate.

I would never try and compare the two cars. And you're right, they are in a different league.

Like I've said, I love Supras and I'm sure if I had one, I'd laugh at anyone mentioning a shitty Fiat Coupe. ;) I've never driven a Supra, so I have no idea how it puts the power down. As for putting that much power through the front wheels, it's perfectly tractable and more drivable than you'd think.

It would really be interesting to see how the two cars compare on the road, so maybe we could tag along on one of the meets?

I would never try and compare the two cars. And you're right, they are in a different league.

Like I've said, I love Supras and I'm sure if I had one, I'd laugh at anyone mentioning a shitty Fiat Coupe. ;) I've never driven a Supra, so I have no idea how it puts the power down. As for putting that much power through the front wheels, it's perfectly tractable and more drivable than you'd think.

It would really be interesting to see how the two cars compare on the road, so maybe we could tag along on one of the meets?

wouldn't be that interesting there would only be one out come ;)

Nobody is going to race you on the road, get along along to a rwyb or mile event and post your results if you want to see how it compares to a supra.

That would be ideal to see some of the Supra's at he meets, if you are nice enough people are more than willing to take you out for a spin. As mentioned they feel just solid compared to a lot of cars & will do some compared to the Fiat Coupe. I recently had a facelift EP3 type only a few years old & it is so different in build & feel of the car.

Also how are you putting that 600bhp down, my Type R would wheel spin in first & second & that had only 200bhp!

Got any video's of it in action?

Also how are you putting that 600bhp down, my Type R would wheel spin in first & second & that had only 200bhp!

Got any video's of it in action?

It's not a 600hp car. He said its potentially a 600hp car, though a 600hp Fiat coupe will try at eat itself whenever possible :D

Like I've said, I love Supras and I'm sure if I had one, I'd laugh at anyone mentioning a $#@!ty Fiat Coupe. ;) I've never driven a Supra, so I have no idea how it puts the power down. As for putting that much power through the front wheels, it's perfectly tractable and more drivable than you'd think.

Fiat's are well built when they have power but can't compare to a similarly built Supra on a roll race.

When my car was around 600, there was a guy who had a very quick coupe in the same area.

He is well known in the coupe scene, had a fully built engine, GT35r, car was stripped completely, also represented the FC Forum at TOTB A couple years ago.

From every gear and all speeds he had no chance at all. He was blaming traction issues, but the Supra isn't exactly 4wd ;)

My friends T51r RX7 gave the Supra a much better run but done the same to the Coupe

The Coupe's are brilliant car's for the money, but if your seriously looking for a step up get a Supra.

Fiat's are well built when they have power but can't compare to a similarly built Supra on a roll race.

When my car was around 600, there was a guy who had a very quick coupe in the same area.

He is well known in the coupe scene, had a fully built engine, GT35r, car was stripped completely, also represented the FC Forum at TOTB A couple years ago.

From every gear and all speeds he had no chance at all. He was blaming traction issues, but the Supra isn't exactly 4wd ;)

My friends T51r RX7 gave the Supra a much better run but done the same to the Coupe

The Coupe's are brilliant car's for the money, but if your seriously looking for a step up get a Supra.

No offence, but look at the power your car is producing! I doubt there's many cars on the planet that could give you a good run.

Out of interest, who's Coupe was it? I wasn't aware of anyone in the UK running a GT35.

Also there's another guy called "Barbz" I think?..

Has a red one with NOS iirc....

If you check my garage there's a STI that I used to run prior, that was also a tad bit quicker then Barbz when we met a while back ;)

The STI was not as quick as a decent Single Supra

That was in 2009. I was running a stock engine and a T71 RPS Kit. Only made 630fwhp ;)

It was a dark green colour. He was running 11's at the strip.....

Hmmm, interesting. To date, there are only two Coupes that did a quarter mile in the 11's as far as I know, and both of them ran GT30's. One of them was metallic red and the other light metallic blue.

I wonder who this was then?

Also there's another guy called "Barbz" I think?..

Has a red one with NOS iirc....

If you check my garage there's a STI that I used to run prior, that was also a tad bit quicker then Barbz when we met a while back ;)

The STI was not as quick as a decent Single Supra

Barbz built my engine and it's his car running 570bhp at the moment with a GTX3076.

He took his red one to Dubai when he moved there and sold the bits. He's now been back for just over a year and had a dark green one.

Small world!

Not if they have any brains, you post on a public forum you want a street race, you crash and die trying to keep up with an NA supra, supra owner goes to prison and gets bum f**ked weekly for the next 10 years.

:rlol:

I laughed out loud reading this! :D

Hmmm, interesting. To date, there are only two Coupes that did a quarter mile in the 11's as far as I know, and both of them ran GT30's. One of them was metallic red and the other light metallic blue.

I wonder who this was then?

anyway i think the point is no coupe will do a supra in any category ;)