The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why choose a Supra over any other car?

Pero

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting debate, but it was only going to go one way on a supra forum. As someone pointed out, I'm sure you'd get a different story on a Fiat forum. I like my supra for the looks, and that's highly subjective. I'm sure there are people out there who think supras are dog-ugly 90s dinosaurs, and that's fine.

Interesting debate, but it was only going to go one way on a supra forum. As someone pointed out, I'm sure you'd get a different story on a Fiat forum. I like my supra for the looks, and that's highly subjective. I'm sure there are people out there who think supras are dog-ugly 90s dinosaurs, and that's fine.

And their opinion means nothing

I think the Supra is one of the nicest cars ever made. I love the curvy hips. Some aspects of the car have dated (Interior) but in general its held up well. I also love how easy it is to modify and work on.

If I were you I would stop wondering about Supras and ditch the Fiat. You will never regret it. If in doubt get to one of the meets next year and I'm sure you can get a few rides in a stock, BPU and Single car.

Think about it, your having to go for a built engine to run approx 600 bhp. How much more head room do you have? Your Fiat is far in excess of its intended spec, where the Supra at 600 bhp is sitting rather comfortably asking for more.

It's not that easy to just ditch the Fiat. I would never get any money back if I tried to sell it, so I'd have to break the car and sell the bits, and that is too much of a hassle.

I'm sure I would love a Supra, but I do love my Coupe so I'll stick with it for now.

It's not that easy to just ditch the Fiat. I would never get any money back if I tried to sell it, so I'd have to break the car and sell the bits, and that is too much of a hassle.

I'm sure I would love a Supra, but I do love my Coupe so I'll stick with it for now.

Next year pop along to one of the Fairmile meets. Go for a drive in a few and I'm sure you will change your mind. What do you think you could get for the Fiat with its current spec?

I'm sure some of you know I don't own a Supra. I've always loved them, and came pretty close to buying one, so I registered here.

I do come on here and have a read every once in a while, and the Supra is always in the back of my mind.

I own a Fiat Coupe 20 valve turbo, which I've put a lot of time and money into. It's currently got the potential to do around 600bhp, but it's not completely done and still needs to be remapped.

This is what I've always wondered. What's it like owning a Supra? I'm more interested in the big power cars.

I know owning any modified car costs a lot to run, but what do you spend on the Supe and how reliable are they?

To give you an idea, I've owned my Coupe for just over a year, and I've already spent over £12k on it.

600 BHP Coupe, bet that shifts well, got any pics ?

Your much better with a rear wheel drive with that power though and I'm sure if you got a Supra you won't miss your Fiat...

After having so much fun with my MR2 I had to have a Supra, Loads of power potential and great handling plus they look frekin awesome. IMO there still one of the best Jap cars out there. I have owned mine for over 6 years and still puts a smile on my face.. I'm hoping to be in the 500/600 club one day

If you have to convince yourself to buy a Supra, then perhaps you don't need one?

As far as why someone would buy a Supra, it's all been said - the timeless shape, dynamic stability, Toyota reliability & longevity, overengineered tuneability with lots of horsepower potential. In my opinion, later facelifted models are more aesthetically appealing (but of course, I would say that because I have one) but they are more expensive. However, one big negative is that as they age, Supras are more accessible to the less-discerning and lower-maintenance owner - who often enjoy adding unnecessary & poorly constructed bodykits.