The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forum Down Time

mawby

Hi folks. Sorry for the lack of notice about the down time today. I've just successfully moved our site on to a brand spanking new server. This new server will hopefully ensure the site continues to run securely, reliably and now super-quickly. :)

It wasn't a 100% success; the garages are broken. It's not terminal but I'm awaiting a code fix from the developers. Once we have it the garages will be re-opened again.

Hopefully everything else should work as before. If you spot any problems then please let me know.

It wasn't a 100% success; the garages are broken. It's not terminal but I'm awaiting a code fix from the developers. Once we have it the garages will be re-opened again.

Wondered why I couldnt access the garages!? Glad i found this thread now...as thought my computer was acting up!:rolleyes:

Great work though, it does appear to load faster.:)

I did wonder why it was so sudden.
I had the day off work and with Christmas coming up it was likely to be my last chance this year. This is actually our second new server as I broke the first one after just a few hours! I've still got work to do next week to discommission the old one so we don't end up paying two lots of rack space. It would have been a bit quicker if they hadn't released yet another forum update the day before which I got installed at the same time. But never mind, 4.5 hours to move servers isn't too bad.

Thanks for all the thanks. If this server lasts as long as the old one then all the work will have been worth it. :)

Top Job Lee, I don't think people on this forum give you the amount of credit as you deserve. (Along with the other Moderators who take time out of their personal lives to maintain and improve the forum for everyone else)

Thanks to all those who have had involvement in the successful upkeep of the forum :thumbs:

I've been doing a bit more performance boosting by tweeking the caching and setting up a cookieless domain for the static images, so the site should appear even quicker now. Hopefully I've not broken anything, but please let me know if anything has stopped working.