The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Boost on 2nd Turbo.....SOLVED ***NOT SOLVED******

mplavery

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used 4mm that i had already and worked fine. put some small zip ties on every joint i could find. car runs better than ever now.

good luck!!

Good :D Glad you sorted it mate.

I will attempt mine when i get back from uni ;)

Well I stripped all the turbo side down , started to replace all the pipes...

Then I found this at the back of the actuator

Split pipe which Im hoping I did not cause by pulling the pipe off

Just gone for a burn ........... NO LUCK :(

Inlet next but I'm going to wait untill Japfest has gone...bloody tired and peed off now

Did it blow out Air when removing the pressure hoose to the iacv vsv?

Just been out in it again..

Pressure comes out when I pull the pipe from the hard pipe to the IACV

No pressure from the actuator to the IACV which I'm guessing is right

Thats correct. Check egcv to make sure that vsv dont play up

I did check straight after I switched of then engine

So does it seem that I have no split pipes any more

I have pulled one of the pipes of the EGVC which has pressure?.. What else can I check to make sure it's ok

These were the 2 hoses on mine that split:

Borrowed mplavery's photo:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/9910cb19.jpg

The tops of the hoses as seen in the picture were fine, but the other end where they join an actuator and electronic valve were both split.

Great thread. I too have been having issues with the second turbo coming online and hit a hesitation around 3800rpm. Sometimes the 2nd turbo wont come on, and other times it will. If I downshift to around 4500rpm and floor it, there's no 2nd turbo. But if I let off and then plant it again it pulls to hard with both turbos to redline.

When I pulled the pipe off the IACV vsv i had some air pressure released so guess thats fine. I then found a split in the same pipe as pictured above (left one) on the vsv side. I repaired it and went for a drive. The hesitation is not a strong now but its still there. Pretty much the same symptoms as mentioned before. This is at 1 bar boost. At 1.2 it does not reach the desired boost level so im guessing there is another leak somewhere which im on the hunt for.

Great thread. I too have been having issues with the second turbo coming online and hit a hesitation around 3800rpm. Sometimes the 2nd turbo wont come on, and other times it will. If I downshift to around 4500rpm and floor it, there's no 2nd turbo. But if I let off and then plant it again it pulls to hard with both turbos to redline.

When I pulled the pipe off the IACV vsv i had some air pressure released so guess thats fine. I then found a split in the same pipe as pictured above (left one) on the vsv side. I repaired it and went for a drive. The hesitation is not a strong now but its still there. Pretty much the same symptoms as mentioned before. This is at 1 bar boost. At 1.2 it does not reach the desired boost level so im guessing there is another leak somewhere which im on the hunt for.

Its a nightmare mate. I have replaced most hoses and still have a issue...I still have a few more ideas though if that does not work im sending the car to SRD as its getting me down now...

Im going to do a wheel bearing tonight and have another look

If you find out what your problem is, post some pics up to help other mate....

Will do mate. Ive just spent the best part of the afternoon looking for split pipes and cant find any others at the moment. This is with everything still in place and me just trying to access all the pipes as possible. There is one that I can just about see underneath the turbos that goes from the vsv to the actuator which I suspect could be the problem. The pipe looks a little tired but ok from the side I can see.

Mine is going to Jurgen at the end of the month so if I dont succeed then I'm having Jurgen look at it.

On a side note, where are you guys getting your replacement hoses/pipes from? Its a bit of a nightmare trying to find somewhere locally that does the same size.

I had loads left over from my previous cars, however have a look in the sale section, Nodalmighty is selling a load of Samco ones that would be perfect!

Other than that I get mine from ebay.

One of my split hoses was to the actuator you mentioned in your post. I removed all the air intake stuff for a better look, easy to get to that way.

Me and my dad are having problems with no boost on 1st turbo, Some days it will boost and others it wont its weird.

Id say check all hoses.... I have a problem with the second turbo, but after swapping 99% of the hoses on the turbo side, turbo 1 feels stronger !! (i did find some old leaky hoses)

Id say check all hoses.... I have a problem with the second turbo, but after swapping 99% of the hoses on the turbo side, turbo 1 feels stronger !! (i did find some old leaky hoses)

Same here

I think I have replaced at least 3 slightly split hoses and now number one is sharper at pulling...

I have tested the actuators making sure the open etc etc

I have even checked the pressure when driving and I do get a rich of pressure when the second turbo kicks in but on my boost gauge its not getting any higher then 0.5 bar

Also checked the air compressor pipes which were fine which is much easier from underneath by the way...especially if you have a ramp

Really running out of ideas now.... Looks like a trip to SRD'S

Same here

I think I have replaced at least 3 slightly split hoses and now number one is sharper at pulling...

I have tested the actuators making sure the open etc etc

I have even checked the pressure when driving and I do get a rich of pressure when the second turbo kicks in but on my boost gauge its not getting any higher then 0.5 bar

Also checked the air compressor pipes which were fine which is much easier from underneath by the way...especially if you have a ramp

Really running out of ideas now.... Looks like a trip to SRD'S

Best give it to and expert like SRD or Whifbitz etc - Yes you may pay to dollar but atleast the problem will be fixed :D

Best give it to and expert like SRD or Whifbitz etc - Yes you may pay to dollar but atleast the problem will be fixed :D

Looks like it.. I enjoy doing stuff my self but it's I'm getting out of my depth now and just want it working