The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Boost on 2nd Turbo.....SOLVED ***NOT SOLVED******

mplavery

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just been out again today to have another look at the car and had taken of the intake pipes to get a closer look. Had taken the pipe off from the EGCV and it was ok. Then I noticed the plug to that vsv was disconnected so plugged that back in and it has sorted my hesitation problem. All of the other hoses I checked seemed fine.

When I floor it from low revs, it gets up to where the 2nd turbo should come in and I can hear it dump boost out from what sounds like a split pipe from behind the 2nd turbo (firewall area) where the EBV is located and where I cant get to : (.. But if I let off and then back on again then it hold 1 bar boost fine to redline with both turbos.

I suspect that it is one of the two hoses located here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13950&d=1112559186 that is causing the problem.

i.e problem 2 on the 'sequential system' thread.

Edited by Sukhy (see edit history)

Guest George89

Hi,

I got the same problem as you guys, 1st turbo produces 0.5 bar and when the 2nd turbo comes in it might hit 0.6 bar whilst screaming!! i checked pretty much everything i am starting to think is it blown? and my pressure tank is fine when i took the vsv hose off it released all pressure.

have you taken off the main turbo hoses and checked the blades?

might show up any excessive oil or turbine movement.

have you checked all hoses? one of mine looked fine until i left it in hot water, put a screw in one end and blew in the other the was a tiny split.

IACV on the outlet of the second turbo has a VSV bolted too it with 2 vacuum lines , check the ohms on that VSV..

Mine had died due to heat and age and it was not letting 2nd turbo boost into intake but at first I was not curtain it was the iacv vsv until I ran the two turbos in TTC mode and I achieved full boost because it bypasses the VSV!

Just spend all day removing most of the turbo side of the supra.

I swapped the two hoses from the pressure tank, and the two on the turbo/acuator (although personally i think my problem is a VSV or the pressure tank itself)

However, shower and then a test drive now and i will report back ;)

If my problem isnt sorted it must be either VSV or pressure tank as ALL hosing is brand new now :p

Test drive done, and NOT fixed :(

But i removed the vac hose that goes to the VSV for turbo two and there was no pressure/air/noise or anything coming out. So sounds like a broken pressure tank or the two other hoses on the inlet side to the pressure tank have splits/holes.

But i removed the vac hose that goes to the VSV for turbo two and there was no pressure/air/noise or anything coming out. So sounds like a broken pressure tank or the two other hoses on the inlet side to the pressure tank have splits/holes.

Can't just remove the hose, it will cause a big leak! Turn your turbos into TTC (5min job) and if you achieve full boost.. It is a faulty iacv vsv

Guest Budz86

I think this is my problem too. Just going to pop out and have a look but as the F1 starts soon I'm not going to have time to strip it all down. Take it that's the only way to get at the pressure tank and the hoses that come off it?

Can't just remove the hose, it will cause a big leak! Turn your turbos into TTC (5min job) and if you achieve full boost.. It is a faulty iacv vsv

/QUOTE]

im 99% sure it isnt a faulty iacv vsv....... but i will put it into TTC next weekend when i get time again :)

I think this is my problem too. Just going to pop out and have a look but as the F1 starts soon I'm not going to have time to strip it all down. Take it that's the only way to get at the pressure tank and the hoses that come off it?

I stripped down the turbo side to replace all hosing, including the two from the pressure tank (on the turbo side) However there is also two on the intake side that i havent yet swapped.

Guest Budz86

Thanks mate, half tempted to just replace the IACV first to see if that works before I replace all the hoses as it sounds like a PITA!

Thanks mate, half tempted to just replace the IACV first to see if that works before I replace all the hoses as it sounds like a PITA!

Yeah it was a PITA tbh, although while everything was off i could inspect the turbos :) They were fine thank god, no damage to the blades, they rotated freely and no play in the shafts.

Does anyone have a price for a new pressure tank ?

/QUOTE]

And what if the pressure tank/hooses are broken. It wont make TTC If there is a leak in either the tank or lines that feeds the tank as you take a direct feed from the pressure tank. If you cant hear a psshh when removing the feed hoose to the vsv its related to tank/lines.

And what if the pressure tank/hooses are broken. It wont make TTC If there is a leak in either the tank or lines that feeds the tank as you take a direct feed from the pressure tank. If you cant hear a psshh when removing the feed hoose to the vsv its related to tank/lines.

Boost pressure is released out of the iacv vsv at all times, only until it is switched shut at 4000rpm to allow the pressure to open the iacv actuator so you get 2nd turbo boost. I don't think that line will be pressured at idle or after driving.

Its on mine and iam sure others have it too

Its not released all the time only when the system tells the iacv to shut it flaps the vsv and release Air from the iacv acutator trough the vsv. As for the feed it stays pressurised until it have leaked out ie broken tank/hoose

ss

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

With mine it released air from the IACV vsv when i removed the pipes and having checked the pressure tank previously, i guess that it is ok. Im struggling to the get the second turbo online now after connecting the plug on the EGCV vsv even when I let off and on again. Need to check that and the wastegate vsv to make sure they are working properly.

Lastly i need to check the two hoses from the EBV actuator and the actuator itself along with the remaining pipes off the turbos.

Little update

I done a smoke test on the car at work to see if there were anymore leaks and found a few small leaks coming out it some places and a lot in others

The bad leak is shown in the pic, there still the OEM hoses which have gone really hard and not sealing any more so I have put jubilee clips on there for the time being to see if I have solved the turbo and issue and……………………………………………….. Still the same

I now know there are no leaks in the system anymore though unless i need alot more pressure to test the pressure tank to see if its leaking... Might check that with a air pressure gun

SO im going to go TCC for the last time to see if its one of the electronic valves…if its still the same im booking it into SRD as I give up ! lol

what a mission!! Im gradually going to replace all my hoses I think, might as well jsut get the MVP hose kit.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Its worth it mate... Now i have replaced 99% of the hoses..First turbo cuts in sharper now so im looking forward to see how it pulls when the second one is working

Guest Budz86
Little update

I done a smoke test on the car at work to see if there were anymore leaks and found a few small leaks coming out it some places and a lot in others

The bad leak is shown in the pic, there still the OEM hoses which have gone really hard and not sealing any more so I have put jubilee clips on there for the time being to see if I have solved the turbo and issue and……………………………………………….. Still the same

I now know there are no leaks in the system anymore though unless i need alot more pressure to test the pressure tank to see if its leaking... Might check that with a air pressure gun

SO im going to go TCC for the last time to see if its one of the electronic valves…if its still the same im booking it into SRD as I give up ! lol

Could you actually see the leaks before you did the smoke test then? And when you did identify them, was it easy to spot without the presence of smoke?

Just interested as I've not got access to that sort of kit.

Could you actually see the leaks before you did the smoke test then? And when you did identify them, was it easy to spot without the presence of smoke?

Just interested as I've not got access to that sort of kit.

No, I could not see or hear the leaks before hand at all

Its a really good bit of kit which pumps out white smoke which can creep out of any type of leak you may have so it is easy to spot

I too now have no second turbo coming online.

This happened after I changed the oil/filter, plugs, air filter etc. I had to stab the oil filter with a screwdriver and from my advise I have maybe knocked a pipe etc.

Car runs fine etc just boosts to 0.7 on turbo 1 and thats it.

Looking at the post on page 2 I think I will check the pressure cannister pipes first. Anybody else resoved their issues?