The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Boost on 2nd Turbo.....SOLVED ***NOT SOLVED******

mplavery

The TTC first picture is correct yes, im unsure on the last two, however there is a TTC "how to" thread on here.

I swapped loads of hosing and its no better, altho the first turbo holds a little more pressure :) (good to freshen up the old hoses tbh)

But still no 2nd turbo :(

If you have a linky that would be great as I could not seem to find it

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can do, I'm based in Molesey and have all tools etc

Getting peed off about it now, just gone out side again to have a look at the Intercooler pipes but can't have a good look without taken the bumper off...though I can't feel a split

A meet could be very helpful. (i finish university in two weeks) My intercooler also seems ok, but if it was the intercooler surely turbo one would lose boost too ?

If you have a linky that would be great as I could not seem to find it

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/andy.htm

Here :)

Can do, I'm based in Molesey and have all tools etc

Getting peed off about it now, just gone out side again to have a look at the Intercooler pipes but can't have a good look without taken the bumper off...though I can't feel a split

Make a boost leak tester, I got two pipe caps the same size as the hose, drilled a hole in one and glued a bike tyre valve in it. So capped the end going to the throttle body, then fit the other at the turbo outlet, you can just pressurise the system with a bike pump.

Worth noting that if you are getting boost on the first turbo, it won't be a boost leak on the main hoses causing the problem.

Make a boost leak tester, I got two pipe caps the same size as the hose, drilled a hole in one and glued a bike tyre valve in it. So capped the end going to the throttle body, then fit the other at the turbo outlet, you can just pressurise the system with a bike pump.

Worth noting that if you are getting boost on the first turbo, it won't be a boost leak on the main hoses causing the problem.

I thought so. It cant be intercooler/piping either.... I recon its the EGCV not opening, but i cant find out why.

I thought so. It cant be intercooler/piping either.... I recon its the EGCV not opening, but i cant find out why.

That's why I thought of doing the TTC mod as it would bypass it

I'm just going to throw my Supra in the bin

Does TTC mod not act weird at first because of the various bits pressurising, think it says about it on the guide.

If you are happy you have done it properly then surely you will have to give it some to see if the second turbo comes online.

TTC Will not give much boost below 3,5k rpm, if any

1, did your exhaust get loud? If yes then your egcv is okay,

2, when you removed the hose to the iacv vsv did it bleed out stored Air from the pressure tank?

If no your pressure tank is leaking and cant controll the iacv acutator even in TTC mode.

Temp fix to check that iacv is operating use either compressed air via a 100% fresh hoose. Make sure you tune down the compressor outlet to Max 1 bar. See if the acutator arm is moving.

Temp fix while drivning if you have checked movement on the acutator arm using compressed air. T-clamp bov hoose of any other hoose you know Will have Boost pressure and connect to acutator.

Check the iacv acutator and make sure it has not stuck.

How much boost pressure do you get from turbo 1?

Last resort is to remove the pipes and spin the compressor by hand to make sure it moves freely.

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

Does TTC mod not act weird at first because of the various bits pressurising, think it says about it on the guide.

If you are happy you have done it properly then surely you will have to give it some to see if the second turbo comes online.

Yes your right it did sound slightly different by engine noise and exhaust tone very so slightly..

I actually done this mod twice as I thought the first time I maybe did not let the turbo pressure build up enough since my car is BPU

So I slammed it in second.... Foot to the floor all the way to,the red line...

nothing ...... When I pulled the pipe back off from The Egcv actuator there was a big pissssssss of pressure that came out...that's all I can say really

TTC Will not give much boost below 3,5k rpm, if any

1, did your exhaust get loud? If yes then your egcv is okay,

2, when you removed the hose to the iacv vsv did it bleed out stored Air from the pressure tank?

If no your pressure tank is leaking and cant controll the iacv acutator even in TTC mode.

Check the iacv acutator and make sure it has not stuck.

How much boost pressure do you get from turbo 1?

Last resort is to remove the pipes and spin the compressor by hand to make sure it moves freely.

When I have been swapping hoses from the IACV ( one by the left hand cam cover) I have noticed no sound of pressure coming from it

So do you possibly think its the prssure tank under the manifold that has gone then ???

I will check that the IACV actuator is not stuck in the morning

You could have a slight leak and it wont matter But if you just been out testning the car and remove the hoose and you get no air vented then its either lines to pressure tank leaking or a faulty tank. Or a faulty vsv. However faulty vsv wont matter in TTC mode. But a leak from the pressure tank Will affect both sequential mode and TTC mode.

Aslo if you have an aftermarket exhaust you Will hear it gets ALOT louder in TTC when it comes to the egcv valve.

Yea I did notice a different sound in the exhaust which I kinda liked lol

Just went into the garage and the IACV actuator seems to move ok

So it looks like... Manifold off and have a look at the pressure tank and hoses then

When I have been swapping hoses from the IACV ( one by the left hand cam cover) I have noticed no sound of pressure coming from it

So do you possibly think its the prssure tank under the manifold that has gone then ???

I will check that the IACV actuator is not stuck in the morning

Same as mine, Finally might be getting to the problem :D

Dont do the labour before you have checked if you bleed Air out of the vsv that controls iacv when shut down after a test drive. If it bleeds Air pressure tank is okay.

So Basicly what your saying is to pull the pipes of the IACV to hear for any pishhhhhhh sound.... I'm sure I have done that and don't have anything coming out ..... In TTC mode or SeQuential mode ?

Here

Sorry I'm just making sure as i Am feeling that I'm getting closer to the problem lol

So Basicly what your saying is to pull the pipes of the IACV to hear for any pishhhhhhh sound.... I'm sure I have done that and don't have anything coming out ..... In TTC mode or SeQuential mode ?

Sorry I'm just making sure as i Am feeling that I'm getting closer to the problem lol

Thats my understanding yes, and im sure mine made no sound too.

Looks like a pressure tank hose/s or a pressure tank