The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No Boost on 2nd Turbo.....SOLVED ***NOT SOLVED******

mplavery

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If after a drive you pull the hoose that goes between black hardpipe rail to the iacv vsv it should bleed out stored Air from the pressure tank if not i suggest checking the lines on the back of the hard pipes that lead to the pressure tank before you remove the intake.

It dont matter if its in TTC or seq mode as the pressure is stored in the tank and the vsv is suposed to block that pressure until it gets the signal from the ECU 3800rpm.

If in TTC mode it Will be stored from the hardpipe and directly to the acutator

The pressure tank might leak abit or a hose is leaking. If you waited hours before you pulled the hoose the is no guaranty that the system Will keep pressure for that long.

A tiny leak wont affect it to make it stop working. A faulty tank or a Big leak would.

Good luck!

I understand :)

I will check this tomorrow morning, but im 99% sure there was no pressure in that hose when i removed it to put new hoses on !

Thank you HELLSTROM, I'm sure mine had no pressure too...was hoping I would not have to get to those pipes at the back as there a real pain in my ass hole

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

The pressure tank might leak abit or a hose is leaking. If you waited hours before you pulled the hoose the is no guaranty that the system Will keep pressure for that long.

A tiny leak wont affect it to make it stop working. A faulty tank or a Big leak would.

Good luck!

I see, investigation starts tomorrow :)

Thank you Mugello, I'm sure mine had no pressure too...was hoping I would not have to get to those pipes at the back as there a real pain in my ass hole

Indeed !! Same here !!

Will do, hoping its a tired, old, split hose.

I have been told its a common place for them to go ... Like I said I had a quick look and could not find anything with a dentist mirror thingy but I'm going to have to have a proper look now as that's all that's left !

I haven't read all of this thread, but mine did this. It turned out that the VSV that opens the valve in the outlet from the 2nd turbo(It sits on top of the boost pipes at the back) had died completely, meaning the flap didn't open and I had no boost on the 2nd turbo. Something to check :)

I haven't read all of this thread, but mine did this. It turned out that the VSV that opens the valve in the outlet from the 2nd turbo(It sits on top of the boost pipes at the back) had died completely, meaning the flap didn't open and I had no boost on the 2nd turbo. Something to check :)

Best way to check this?

Thanks.

You talking the actuator here mate

The only way I know to check it is by pushing the bar down in which it moves fine

If your talking about the IACV VSV, I bypassed that by doing the TTC mod

+ I can't here any pressure when I take the hose off so I'm hoping there is a split pit going up the the pressure tank

Best way to check this?

Thanks.

Bypass the VSV completely. Put the Actuator that the VSV operates straight onto the hard metal vacuum line which normally gives boost to the intake side of the vsv :) This will put you in a sort of semi TTC Mode. Take it for 2-3 pulls and see what happens. If you still have problems, bypass the vsv that controls the flap in the exhaust as well, (located underneath the first turbo, NOT your boost solenoid!) Then try again. In the end my pressure tank died as well, so I just went TTC :) Are you getting second turbo if you come off the throttle and go back on it when your sitting there with just the first turbo spinning away?

EDIT: You replied before I typed this!

Lol guys did you read what i have said ;) he talks about the vsv the little valve that controls that acutator. This is how it works

Inside the vsv there is a flap mechanics there are 2 joints on the vsv 1 is the feed from the black hardpipe assembly

and 1 goes to the iacv acutator. When at 3800 engine sends signal to the vsv to open, and the flap Inside the vsv open and allows Air to pass on to the acutator it self making it open another flap Inside the big boost feed cast alu pipe to Let the Boost generated by turbo number 2 join the stream with turbo one.

However when putting it in TTC mode you exclude that vsv complete. The acutator Will open all the time unless there is a bad leak from the pressure tank.

I think there is a how to check the vsv function in the tsrm about the vsv. Adding ground and 12v Will open the vsv.

Lol guys did you read what i have said ;) he talks about the vsv the little valve that controls that acutator. This is how it works

Inside the vsv there is a flap mechanics there are 2 joints on the vsv 1 is the feed from the black hardpipe assembly

and 1 goes to the iacv acutator. When at 3800 engine sends signal to the vsv to open, and the flap Inside the vsv open and allows Air to pass on to the acutator it self making it open another flap Inside the big boost feed cast alu pipe to Let the Boost generated by turbo number 2 join the stream with turbo one.

However when putting it in TTC mode you exclude that vsv complete. The acutator Will open all the time unless there is a bad leak from the pressure tank.

I think there is a how to check the vsv function in the tsrm about the vsv. Adding ground and 12v Will open the vsv.

Yes I understand mate

As you were saying, it seems that I have no pressure so I will be checking the pipes to the pressure tank in the morning :)

If the weather holds out that is

Mugello, just noticed you're in cambridgeshire. Whereabouts are you? I'm more than happy to take a look at it at some point if you want? :)

Yes im around the march town area :-) i will check the pipes from the pressure tank tomorrow along with a couple other bits and hopefully that will sort it.

Failing that i will take you up on that offer :)

i have just been out and stripped down the intake side. replaced all the vacuum hoses that were originals. some looking very perished, replaced all the vacuum hoses i could see to vsv etc.

took the intake off and followed the 2 vac lines to the valve that controls 2nd turbo. where they joined the valve both were split.

gonna put back together and go for a run.

uploadfromtaptalk1336390359677.jpg