LED rear lights?

FOSTA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate to say it but I think they look better in the box than on the car.

Very marmite IMO. Defiantly think it comes down to the colour of the car really. They don't look so bad when switched on like but when there off they just look plain and boring.

Sorry

one reason why I have C-West covers on mine ;)

Very marmite IMO. Defiantly think it comes down to the colour of the car really. They don't look so bad when switched on like but when there off they just look plain and boring.

Sorry

i know there wont be everybodys taste but i think they look loads better than my factory pre-facelifts. to be honest mate the car its self is looking tired and boring and needs abit of updating witch im working on :)

one reason why I have C-West covers on mine ;)

Strangely enough I said the same on Facebook when speaking to Martin, well I said tinting but same thing :)

What do those look like?

They are the tinted covers that go over the rears, the ones I had no so long ago but then decided just to tint direct.

Well I say decided, I mean broke when transferring to new lights :D

As Dan said, millions of hours! HOWERVER... the odd one may fail - I've had several sets of LED rear lights on my car over 7 years and non have failed yet. If one fails - its depends on the type of failure, if its open circuit it will stop that array (there in rows of 5 or 4 for the reverse lights) If they short, only that LED stops working.

Personally, there easy to replace - all you have to do is open up the lights (heat gun/oven) and do a bit of soldering. OR you could send back to me and like everything else I make, I'll fix FOC. ;)

Sorry

I think they look awesome, maybe it is just the Pic is at a bad angle

Blueangel did mine and i'm very pleased (second time around)

However I watched Police Interceptors the other day and a guy had tied black tights around his rear lights (yes really) and the police asked him "where are the mandatory rear reflectors on your lights then?" so technically mine are illegal. If i was parked up on the side of a road and someone was driving past I guess the visibility would be less, but... not been stopped yet for them and I'd definitely plead ignorance!!

IMG_0394.jpg

Blueangel did mine and i'm very pleased (second time around)

However I watched Police Interceptors the other day and a guy had tied black tights around his rear lights (yes really) and the police asked him "where are the mandatory rear reflectors on your lights then?" so technically mine are illegal. If i was parked up on the side of a road and someone was driving past I guess the visibility would be less, but... not been stopped yet for them and I'd definitely plead ignorance!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]141839[/ATTACH]

that is correct althoug im sure you could split them and make them legal, i know this as i was fined a few years ago for this exact thing on my old car.

I think they look awesome, maybe it is just the Pic is at a bad angle

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb469/clodola/carlo20trd1.jpg

Bare in mind dude you've kept the reflector for the reverse light which helps the overall look plus a wide arse to add some flair to it.

It sort of works with silver but I dunno I'm still not so sure about them.