crashed last night

Suprakeith

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally wouldnt have told the insurance company at all. They will have recorded the accident regardless of which route you now take so when you are asked "if you have had any accidents in the last 5 years regardless of fault" you now need to say yes as if you don't and you are in an accident they will pull it out the bag of tricks.

Couple of hundered quid in getting that sorted out yourself if you source the wing. The rear quarter will pull out and with a bit of filler it would look perfect.

I personally wouldnt have told the insurance company at all. They will have recorded the accident regardless of which route you now take so when you are asked "if you have had any accidents in the last 5 years regardless of fault" you now need to say yes as if you don't and you are in an accident they will pull it out the bag of tricks.

Couple of hundered quid in getting that sorted out yourself if you source the wing. The rear quarter will pull out and with a bit of filler it would look perfect.

I guess it depends if anyone else was involved, if so he would have to tell his insurers. If not though, I agree and he will now have to disclose this for a few years to come. Although not motor insurance, I had a similar experience trying to claim for some structural work on my house last year. the insurer's wouldn't pay but when I went to move my insurance this year the new insurer's asked me about "the claim"..

I guess it depends if anyone else was involved, if so he would have to tell his insurers. If not though, I agree and he will now have to disclose this for a few years to come. Although not motor insurance, I had a similar experience trying to claim for some structural work on my house last year. the insurer's wouldn't pay but when I went to move my insurance this year the new insurer's asked me about "the claim"..

He's already told his insurers about the accident though, whether he makes a claim or not is irrelevant. It makes no odds if it's a fault or non-fault accident (with or without 3rd parties), they still try to squeeze every last penny out of you regardless.

He's already told his insurers about the accident though, whether he makes a claim or not is irrelevant. It makes no odds if it's a fault or non-fault accident (with or without 3rd parties), they still try to squeeze every last penny out of you regardless.

That is true.had the same problem but it was not my fault,i got paid by the other driver but they still want to know,i think you have to tell them(insurance companys) for the next 5 years.

Can he not offer this knowledge to them for "reporting purposes only"?

Can he not offer this knowledge to them for "reporting purposes only"?

Yes, but reporting the accident as having happened means it is recorded as you being in an accident. The question you get asked when getting insurance isn't for if a claim has been made, it simply asks if you have been involved in an accident in the last 5 years. When you select "yes" it asks if a claim was made (in this case it wouldn't be) and if so what the value of the claim was.

Latest is took car too get some quotes she will be write off if claim so aint claiming am going to fix myself got a mate who can beat the rear quater out and fit new wing and bumper and then spray her up for under 500quid so just got to get bits i need myself now. Have got headlights thanx to inazone(alex) main part need now is passeger front wing in silver would be better and maybe front bumper so if anyone got these parts please pm me, and thanx so far for all the help and support from the club

Guest horny_devil

here is what i think you could do in order to stop it from being written off............get a quote from a bodywork shop that you know well! get them to do you an estimate which is around £1k mark, which i think is what you should be looking at to get decent repairs done on the car! send the estimate to the insurance co and they should accept it as it would mean that theyr having to fork out less than what they would have to in case the car gets written off!

They wont right it off as the owners not making a claim and is fixing it via a mates bodyshop.

The only bitch is his insurance comp are now aware that he's had an accident so will have to

mention this the next time he insures a motor vehicle.