I'd like some opinions on styling!

Si_s Supe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will end up with the same 50/50 dillema after reading all the comments as you had when you started : D :lol:

- "imo" as it were : D I would go the stock skirts and the front lip and lower - so a white version of the grey one havard put up, that looks great B)

Jamesy you may also like this pic: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UqS7e0mtTEA/TcUXo4WapfI/AAAAAAAACoo/ikKBckUWq3M/s1600/Toyota-Supra-Girl.jpg

(I know for a fact there are about 14 or so other pictures of her and that black supe but think i can find the url now . . .>

:thumbs:

b;3238779']

Jamesy you may also like this pic: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UqS7e0mtTEA/TcUXo4WapfI/AAAAAAAACoo/ikKBckUWq3M/s1600/Toyota-Supra-Girl.jpg

(I know for a fact there are about 14 or so other pictures of her and that black supe but think i can find the url now . . .>

PLEASE make it your mission today to find all those pics.... ;)

im VERY tempted to have that pic as my new avatar! :D

b;3238779']You will end up with the same 50/50 dillema after reading all the comments as you had when you started : D :lol:

Ha ha, you're not wrong there! I'm totally confused now! :search:

To make matters worse, I bought a complete active spoiler setup a few months ago then had a total change of heart before fitting it and sold it on again! God damn!

I think I might just see if I can get that sexy laydee and drape her over the car...masterpiece!!!

Leave it totally alone, put some really nice suspension on it (mine.... :)) and enjoy. Front lip only, if you really MUST fiddle with the looks. 99% of "body kits" don't fit properly, make no means of using all the excellent front underbody ducting and flooring, and rub the bottoms of the doors starting rust off. Plus so many look comic book OTT.

Chris, I've been meaning to call you for a while now (as you may remember) about suspension for my car but been putting it off until I have the funds as I didn't want you to think I was wasting your time! My car sit stupidly high at the front on the stock Bilsteins and I want to level it out a bit when I lower it. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for coils ears at the moment so just some decent springs that lower a bit more at the front than the rear. Eibachs??

Also, I hear what your saying about the doors rubbing. That was a worry of mine as it looks like the doors rubbed the skirts on whatever they were last fitted to! Being a bit of a perfectionist (fussy bastard) that would annoy the hell out of me!

If you have the yellow Bilsteins on the front I can machine the spring seats to lower the car to whatever height you want, at very modest cost. I'd need either the dampers and springs complete, as they come off the the car, or to save carriage costs, just the dampers if you want to take the springs off. If you can't get a good price on carriage for them complete, and you don't want to remove the springs yourself, I can get them collected for a lot less than you may think. Cheers.

If you have the yellow Bilsteins on the front I can machine the spring seats to lower the car to whatever height you want, at very modest cost. I'd need either the dampers and springs complete, as they come off the the car, or to save carriage costs, just the dampers if you want to take the springs off. If you can't get a good price on carriage for them complete, and you don't want to remove the springs yourself, I can get them collected for a lot less than you may think. Cheers.

I can get them to and from you very reasonably through work! When you say machine the seats to lower it, do you mean keep the stock springs or machine the seats AND fit lowering springs?? What sort of cost are we talking about then? If there is one thing my car needs more than anything it's lowering!

I can get them to and from you very reasonably through work! When you say machine the seats to lower it' date=' do you mean keep the stock springs or machine the seats AND fit lowering springs?? What sort of cost are we talking about then? If there is one thing my car needs more than anything it's lowering![/quote']

In addition to this, how long would it take for this to be done? If mine sits too high once the new wheels are on, would the car need to be left with you?

I machine the body of the damper itself. You can re use the stock springs. I would need the dampers for one day. Only proviso is the alloy seats can't be corroded beyond release onto the dampers bodies. Josh: If I had a car here it would be possible to do it within a day, but would much rather it were left with me in case anything is seized. Ideally the geo needs resetting, depends how MUCH lower you want it. This can ONLY be done on the yellow Bilsteins. £25 per damper plus return carriage

I machine the body of the damper itself. You can re use the stock springs. I would need the dampers for one day. Only proviso is the alloy seats can't be corroded beyond release onto the dampers bodies. Josh: If I had a car here it would be possible to do it within a day, but would much rather it were left with me in case anything is seized. Ideally the geo needs resetting, depends how MUCH lower you want it. This can ONLY be done on the yellow Bilsteins. £25 per damper plus return carriage

Ok cool, thank you. I'll let you know how it looks once the new wheels are on (may not be until the new year, due to the damage that may occur during winter). Also, they are yellow Bilsteins, yes :)

All I would say is don't rush things body wise............i was never going to mess with her, but I also think the stock skirts and spats look, looks good with the right after market wheels.........I just realised that for all the Supra's i've had none actually had oem skirts or spats!

Awesome. Can you only do this on the fronts or rears too? If it can't be done on the rear, perhaps I should fit Eibachs (or another recommended set or springs...Tein?) let them settle then get you to machine the front shocks if I want it lower!?

When I started this thread, I totally expected everyone to favour the skirts and spats. Although there are plenty of people who, after taking in all the views and opinions, I have made a bit of a U turn and quite fancy keeping the clean stock look of the body! I do however think I'll colour code the plastics as I really think this finishes the car off. I personally think the black plastics (especially on my silver car) just break up the nice lines! Will also help to make it look a little lower!

Trust me Scott...I won't rush it! Those skirts have been sat at work for at least 3 months while I've umm'd and argh'd over fitting them! Ha ha.