The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Joint club Mile Event?

DARETT

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the reports back on MLR and GTROC its still very wet there Rob, I doubt Amir will even run, Id not run mine in the wet, GTR's and EVO's are 4wd so wont be as bad for them.

Glad i never made it now tbh, 5 hour drive for a wet track.

I should have just stayed home today!! Lol

I done a couple runs without the vbox, 2nd run was on target for an easy 210+ but fuel was low and pressure dropped at around 6k in 5th. Still had half the track to go. Since then the weather has got alot worse. But I'm still hoping for one chancw

Reading the reports back on MLR and GTROC its still very wet there Rob, I doubt Amir will even run, Id not run mine in the wet, GTR's and EVO's are 4wd so wont be as bad for them.

Glad i never made it now tbh, 5 hour drive for a wet track.

Im browsing some forums but that live link you posted is very good. Shame about the weather, dont blame you jamie it would of seemed a waste just to watch. Ill catch you at the charity day if your there mate.

Dont take any risks in the wet Amir.

Im browsing some forums but that live link you posted is very good. Shame about the weather, dont blame you jamie it would of seemed a waste just to watch. Ill catch you at the charity day if your there mate.

I will be there, dropping my car to Lee tomorrow, he said he will have it done for austec meet next weekend.

Is johns time good? or is that loss of traction due to the weather?

i thought his would be a 200+ missile

wet track= no traction and bad times.

Thanks for the link Jamie, as expected all the 4WD cars are getting good speeds in the rain.

Amir - Be careful if you decide to run mate, personally I'd not risk it but at 200+ I do become a bit of pussy... below that I am fine. :D

Just got back a little while ago.

4 hour journey was tiring...

Thanks as always to Ryan.G for doing his thing on the day. Also for Abbey and MGT with helping out when needed!

If the weather was better it would have been an awesome day and we could have seen some great competition between the GTR and Supra.

Met Amar from SVM and he's a top guy. Looks as though their car really is close to 1000 at the wheels with his 217.93 top run.

John came in an awesome road car, looked great and ran time after time without issue- apart from having no traction!

Showed how good a true street supra can be.

I didn't risk another run, going sideways as 180 was enough of a put off for me! Lol

Hopefully next time we can have some better weather and hopefully see a car go 250+!

It's not a standing mile but a rolling 1.4m run so some high speeds are possible with the right gearing.

All In all the GTR's stamped their authority but the only 1000+HP car to drive to the event, get close to 200+mph and then drive home was a Supra :)

Great day today just a pity about the weather.

My 400bhp supra was a bit week compared to the competition but on the flip side I never had any major traction problems.

Didn't get to speak to Darett much but your car looked like it meant business and it's just a pity the weather was against you.

Big Big thanks to Dude for letting me take his car down the runway and experience driving a Single turbo Supra.

Gave up trying to get a decent 30-130 as it just span in 1st and second is just to high a gear for a good time and then when the turbo hit it just got all crossed up and stayed that way till about 120 after taking up most of the track !!!!

We got down to 15.2 (i think) 30-130 (15th out of 60 cars) and 170 mph terminal (14th) remember the car is a little auto on a cast manifold with a GT35, it did not put all its power down till middle of 3rd gear, so maybe a 180 pull would of been possible in the dry, but we drove up and got around 26mpg listening to the stereo and chatting on the plumbed in hands free !!!!, it cruises nicely at 140, 150 at a push and is very quiet inside.

Looks like it was an interesting day in the wet for a lot of people! But the GTR that ran 214mph in the wet! Christ!

Gave up trying to get a decent 30-130 as it just span in 1st and second is just to high a gear for a good time and then when the turbo hit it just got all crossed up and stayed that way till about 120 after taking up most of the track !!!!

We got down to 15.2 (i think) 30-130 (15th out of 60 cars) and 170 mph terminal (14th) remember the car is a little auto on a cast manifold with a GT35, it did not put all its power down till middle of 3rd gear, so maybe a 180 pull would of been possible in the dry, but we drove up and got around 26mpg listening to the stereo and chatting on the plumbed in hands free !!!!, it cruises nicely at 140, 150 at a push and is very quiet inside.

Sounds like a nice street setup! Is it a stock auto? As I'm quite curious about your car with the GT35 on it as I see the odd mention of it in threads, what is it's full spec?

(sorry for a bit of a thread hi-jack :) )