The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Joint club Mile Event?

DARETT

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done mate, sounds like you had a fun day out even if it was poor weather, more fun in that little street car than you have had for a long time in the drag car i bet.

Your right JP, fast street cars is where the fun is !!! It feels very pedestrian to me but had a 200mph ++++ blast in a skyline in the morning in hard rain, that reminded me I was alive especially when the cab filled with smoke as the head lifted under heavy breaking from 200 ++ with the water barrier looming. Car was faultless but too slow, it did wake me up when it aquaplaned under breaking at 170 mph and I had to get it thru a 2 car gap in the barriers and then I changed down from 4th to 2nd and it locked up and was heading sideways at the second barrier at over 100mph, yeah the day was good fun but unmanageable with only 600, you would have been drifting the whole length of the runway. Talking to Darrin its realistically 1.2 miles in the dry but about 1.1 in the wet then you HAVE to break, plans are afoot for a better dude mobile as we speak !!!

My mistake I was 14th on the v max board when we left but got pipped by an EVO (obviously had bigger cohones than me at the end) and ended up 15th (still infront of an R35 though !!! at about prob 8 times the cost best way !!!!) but the 30-130 was down the field.

Staying Supra i hope dude? its almost getting like a GTR forum round here:rolleyes:

Im a RWD kinda guy, it was funny making Ashleigh scream like a baby as it went broadside at 120 and the foot stays buried, we slid half way across the runway and it was 50/50 wether we spun but thats the fun.

Staying Supra i hope dude? its almost getting like a GTR forum round here:rolleyes:

True.

They are awesome cars, but they require a hell of alot more maintenance than a supra for the same power levels.

The Hulk has a fantastic team around t building it and working on it all the time which helps.

Someone on their own may not be so successful.

I reckon on a standing mile it would have got around 205-207 though.

It's hard work getting them to get good top end within a mile.

Like for like it is hard to justify the cost over a Supra

Even at street spec, Dude's was awesome. It sounded perfect, went well, looked good and cost probably a 1/5th of a GTR's price

But each to their own I guess

True.

They are awesome cars, but they require a hell of alot more maintenance than a supra for the same power levels.

The Hulk has a fantastic team around t building it and working on it all the time which helps.

Someone on their own may not be so successful.

sounds like you been talking to SVM too much lol..

R35 and supras are just the same to maintain at that kind of power..

we not talking build cost, but maintain ie service and swap parts.(ie discs pads)..

build costs then yes R35 is more expensive to BUILD.

A 1000hp supra will stop perfectly well on UK brakes and CW pads , a set of discs off the Hulk GTR must be well over 1K !!! and pads around £400

sounds like you been talking to SVM too much lol..

R35 and supras are just the same to maintain at that kind of power..

Lol

From my personal experiences with the BL GTR, AMS GTR and now SVM GTR at top speed events there is no way that is true. Lol

After every run there was a whole team of mechanics Working on the SVM car. Same at Texas with the BL and AMS cars.

Like I said it really isn't easy getting a GTR to go over 200...

I drove 100 miles turned up, got Ryan to swap the fuel map and ran. Didn't need anything checking or adjusted in between. Done the same and drove back.

All the GTR's got trailered there and back, and just seemed very close to the edge.

Amazing cars and potential as yours will soon show, but you gotta have a support network behind you to make it work

A 1000hp supra will stop perfectly well on UK brakes and CW pads , a set of discs off the Hulk GTR must be well over 1K !!! and pads around £400

R35 GTR will stop well with a set of APS £800 all fours and set of Pads £300..

a good performance set of discs for supra will be similar..

i think the issue is a lot people just pay NISSAN costs and have no idea some stuff can be bought cheaper.