The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Joint club Mile Event?

DARETT

my cobb AP can do clutch relearns on any car..

I'd love to see it do a clutch relearn on a DCT M3:p The Cobb is an awesome bit of kit but hardly a replacement for a dedicated diagnostic tool ;)

And yes, prices will come down, but have I not been saying this :blink:

Anyway, you're right, this is straying away from the thread topic.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Supra is a much older car, it still has advantages over the GTR. The engine and gearbox are better. It has a manual gearbox and you can really DRIVE IT. The Supra consistently runs better times in the standing mile events, despite the GT-R's mega launch. A 1000hp Supra can easily be driven on the street but it cannot feel like a ultra modern car, because it isn't. If Toyota would of produced a new Supra using the old recipe, it would probably obliterate everything, when it comes to highly modified cars \ street racing.

I'm looking forward to this, mind is currently running the same sort of power as robs but by the time we get to the track it may be slightly more.

Im expecting cornering speeds to be higher from the GTR and faster gear changes.

Having owned both with the same power level the GTR is quicker on the street for sure, however since when was it about that? surely its about the excitement of driving and some folk like high tech, some 4wd, some RWD. As far as reliability is concerned my old one was a nightmare just to get it to the same power level's that my current GTR is running and I've currently spent the same! But maintenance on the GTR's is way way more!!!!

Having read the last 5 pages it always amazes me that we can't ever seem to put together a winning team at TOTB team! Despite owning a GTR I would love and I mean love to see a winning Supra TOTB team! However the Supra IIRC from many times I've been never get anyway near :(

I'm also more than happy to contact the Mod's over a GTR.co.uk or MLR etc etc and do a 'head to head' event?

I would also love to my GTR up against a 550hp Supra at pod this year, no cheating, no drag tyres etc. And I honestly wouldn't care if I lost :D I will also be interesting to how my car does against Mike Wards Supra later in the year, although he will be running more power, its striped and tracked focused, and he's a better driver :D

I agree with this, the one time I competed the organisation was poor and they changed the rules/events to fit the timeframe.

Dont think I would go again unless we field a full 10 strong supra team.

TOTB is finished IMO its not what it was, I may go this year in the black car but at least when I won the RWD shootout all the top cars were there and the RK tuning only beat me by 1 car length in the final, not bad for a car with a towbar driven to the event and trailered a trailer home from Amersham to brighton afterwards.

I'm looking forward to this, mind is currently running the same sort of power as robs but by the time we get to the track it may be slightly more.

Im expecting cornering speeds to be higher from the GTR and faster gear changes.

Yeah but you've got a better engine and gearbox apparently and you'll have more power, less weight and you can launch more consistently! I might as well walk around the track probably would be faster ;) :D

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

Yeah but you've got a better engine and gearbox apparently and you'll have more power, less weight and you can launch more consistently! I might as well walk around the track probably would be faster ;) :D

Hes also got a car that isnt worth over 50K uninsured on a race track, that sure makes a difference to commitment in the bends !!!!

I am going to this event on Sunday. Good luck for today (Saturday)!

I had a disappointing day yesterday. We had rain first thing and then again at lunchtime so the track never dried up. I only had 2 runs. My Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials give no grip on wet/damp tracks so I only ran a best of 19.27 for the 30-130 and 141.7 for top speed! At least I didn't come last!

Best 30-130 yesterday was 6.38 by Andy Forrest in an Impreza and the top speed was 200.45 by another Impreza. Very impressive in the conditions.

Simon

least that would give me something to aim at :D

Also no one told us that we could 'cheat' and enter the timing box at whatever speed we wanted (you have to be doing 30 in the box for the 30-130 to count) if you only wanted v max readings, the guy who told me (after my last run) said the GTR's were hitting it at over 110 mph, so they have a 80 mph advantage before we start !!! Still Ill know next time and hand you some pics of some very pissed off GTR owners to put on your wall:p

Hulk video is up

They were at 120 at the end of the cones! I wasn't accelerating till 1/4 way down the track!

It stops well though :D