The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Joint club Mile Event?

DARETT

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea on OEM R35 Discs for sure they will cost more..

but maintain does not mean in OEM terms..

you can maintian using what you see fit.

You just said £400 for OEM, OEM does not mean Nissan it means to OEM spec, even genuine Mr T discs are under 1/2 that dude.

Lol

From my personal experiences with the BL GTR, AMS GTR and now SVM GTR at top speed events there is no way that is true. Lol

After every run there was a whole team of mechanics Working on the SVM car. Same at Texas with the BL and AMS cars.

Like I said it really isn't easy getting a GTR to go over 200...

I drove 100 miles turned up, got Ryan to swap the fuel map and ran. Didn't need anything checking or adjusted in between. Done the same and drove back.

All the GTR's got trailered there and back, and just seemed very close to the edge.

Amazing cars and potential as yours will soon show, but you gotta have a support network behind you to make it work

T80 GTR drove there and used vpower last year and drove back no team did 203.

no idea on OEM R35 Discs for sure they will cost more..

but maintain does not mean in OEM terms..

you can maintian using what you see fit.

My colleague was interested in getting one & I looked into this, discs were very expensive.

Found this which details some things.

The service interval for the GT-R is 6000 miles/6 months whichever comes sooner.

Tentative service cost examples have been provided by Nissan and are as follows (the following examples are an annual cost based on the quoted mileage):

Up to 12,000 miles per annum:

£785 for scheduled servicing

£4150 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

18,000 miles per annum:

£1725 for scheduled servicing

£5090 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

With a doubt though the R35 is an amazing car, but not cheaper to run and from what I know to build than a Supra. :)

My colleague was interested in getting one & I looked into this, discs were very expensive.

Found this which details some things.

With a doubt though the R35 is an amazing car, but not cheaper to run and from what I know to build than a Supra. :)

Im putting off driving one because I will prob want one

T80 GTR drove there and used vpower last year and drove back no team did 203.

I'm talking about over 1000hp setups though.

You can take a 1000+HP supra go a few hundred miles then hit well over 200 and drive away untouched

I haven't seen that YET from a GTR.

You may well break the habit though! ;)

You can take a 1000+HP supra go a few hundred miles then hit well over 200 and drive away untouched

i drove 5 hours to the dyno did 7-9 pulls drove 5 hours back lol..

and then did 1500 hard miles..= a lot of top speed events..

but anyway we will always drive there as its a street car and not a trailer car.

Talking to one of the guys there and he said the reason he trailers it there is he hates the way it drives when he is not giving it some !!!!! He said the only time it feels like he is actually driving it is when its flat out, said his GT3 is a much better 'drivers' car

lol but am just saying the R35 parts can be within similar budget as supras..(IF YOU SHOP AROUND)..

Talking to one of the guys there and he said the reason he trailers it there is he hates the way it drives when he is not giving it some !!!!! He said the only time it feels like he is actually driving it is when its flat out, said his GT3 is a much better 'drivers' car

strange they drive just the same as a 650bhp car even at 1000bhp..

they are really refined that way.