The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KDW's Supra Maxed the Dyno out, Tuned by Ryan.

Geo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a dyno with a comparrison to my buddy who had his car mapped by Ryan the day before me. It is actually the Supra seen in the background in the picture I posted earlier in this thread:

http://peecee.dk/uploads/092011/KDW_SUPRA_VS_ANDERS_SUPRA2.jpg

What is interesting is that at 5000 RPM I make 680 at the hubs compared to his 300, even though he has a much smaller turbo.

You can't really compare the curves because something is off between them - look at the 2000rpm load point, you're at about 280ftlbs at 2000rpm which is quite high for an off-boost 2JZ motor, whereas Anders' Supra is off the bottom of the chart, well below 200ftlbs. As neither of you should be on any sort of boost at that point, the power outputs should be pretty much the same, barring minor NA breathing differences. It looks like either the dyno was loaded up more for your run so you got on boost early, or there was some sort of scaling issue.

Edit - oops, that's newton metres, not foot pounds, but still, they are quite different at low revs for some reason :)

Edited by Ian C (see edit history)

You can't really compare the curves because something is off between them - look at the 2000rpm load point, you're at about 280ftlbs at 2000rpm which is quite high for an off-boost 2JZ motor, whereas Anders' Supra is off the bottom of the chart, well below 200ftlbs. As neither of you should be on any sort of boost at that point, the power outputs should be pretty much the same, barring minor NA breathing differences. It looks like either the dyno was loaded up more for your run so you got on boost early, or there was some sort of scaling issue.

Change the run time from 10 seconds to 8 seconds on a dynapack and it makes a massive difference to the graph, i found this by mistake, i thought there was something wrong with my car, i lost 250 rhhp at 5000rpm just changing from a 10 second run to a 8 second run.

Details.....eh. Some people :)

Edit - oops, that's newton metres, not foot pounds, but still, they are quite different at low revs for some reason :)

As you pointed out in your edit it's Nm not ft/lbs, but my car makes more power down low than his car, higher CR and stroker is the main reasons.

The only difference in the dyno setup was the gear used.

Anders car was done in 5th gear and KDW in 4th due to higher rev limit and will overspeed dyno in 5th.

Kims car does make alot more power low down though due to having higher compression ratio and being 3.4l. It is the highest HP 2JZ i have seen when i did a power run as an normally aspirated which i do on every car i map to get an idea of the VE of the engine to plot a fuel curve.

Ryan

awesome car kim (best Supra in EU)..IMO

now lets get every big supra owner to a TDI dyno hub for a shoot same day same dyno..

be interesting to see.

Thank you for the nice words :)

That would be awesome, or even a mile event.

I would love to do a mile event but I can't seem to find any decent in Europe.

I could've sworn we did mine in 5th Ryan? That was why we couldn't take it past 8K rpm. I think you did Anders' in 4th actually, could be wrong of course.

The only difference in the dyno setup was the gear used.

Anders car was done in 5th gear and KDW in 4th due to higher rev limit and will overspeed dyno in 5th.

Kims car does make alot more power low down though due to having higher compression ratio and being 3.4l. It is the highest HP 2JZ i have seen when i did a power run as an normally aspirated which i do on every car i map to get an idea of the VE of the engine to plot a fuel curve.

Ryan

I could've sworn we did mine in 5th Ryan? That was why we couldn't take it past 8K rpm. I think you did Anders' in 4th actually, could be wrong of course.

Best to ask the dyno guy mate to check the folder. I honestly cant remember but i think you might be right as i would have to do in 5th to keep the axle torque down. In this case they would have both been done in 5th.

Double check with the dyno guy and get him to send a comparison where it shows hp vs ftlb

Best to ask the dyno guy mate to check the folder. I honestly cant remember but i think you might be right as i would have to do in 5th to keep the axle torque down. In this case they would have both been done in 5th.

Double check with the dyno guy and get him to send a comparison where it shows hp vs ftlb

It must be 5th because it's doing close to 190 mph at 8000 RPM.

http://peecee.dk/uploads/102011/KDW_SUPRA_RACEFUEL_VS_PUMP_GAS_SPEED.JPG